Part 1

YOU CAN NEVER BRING ME DOWN was the last line I needed to complete my song. The reason that I wrote this song is because it makes me feel I am stronger than the people who bullied me.

"Kay! Come down and have your dinner sweetie." Ma shouts from downstairs like I'm hundred miles away from her.

"Coming ma!" I quickly left all my stuffs and ran to the kitchen to have my dinner.

The tart whiff of spices filled my nostrils informing me that Ma had cooked her signature dish which made my belly grumbled a lot. I took a big plate that would fill me up and added the hot steamed rice with the signature Kerala style fish curry. This dinner is going to take a while so I might just introduce myself before we go any further with my crazy heck life.

My name is Akya Dave. They all call me Kay. I am turning eighteen tomorrow and also means I have recently graduated from my senior high. I have a pair of twinkling blue eyes that my little brother is jealous of and dark straight hair like my Ma but its shorter than hers. I'm one of those kids that brought up in mix cultured family. My mom emigrated from India to Canada for her studies and my dad is Canadian. Their names are Amutha Sree and Bryan Dave. 

As every cliché romance stories, my parents met at the park and it was all about love at first sight. They both started to date and did what all the other couples will do and now they have me and my annoying six year old brother. His name is Nanthan. Unfortunately, June 27th was the last time I saw them together at court. My parents had a huge fight which ended them separated and now we live with our mom. I called my mom, Ma which means mother in India. She currently works as a bank manager where she doesn't spend much time with us anymore.

I graduated my high school at Bodwell high school apparently it's the school where the kids get flying colours in academic and sports. My goals is to be a psychotherapist. Why? Because I want to help people like me who have fears and depression from their past and help them heal. I also do fantasied what if I'll find my joker like in the DC comics. My talent is playing the flute ever since I was a kid.  Playing the flute have always helped me to be calm and focus especially times where I broke down and shed tears a lot.

When I was at high school, there were a few girls would be laughing at me and tease me the way I looked and dress. I still remember the day when I was in the washroom a girl with light brown curly hair with a perfectly tanned skin took a pair of scissor and began to cut my light blue blouse that my Ma gave me as a birthday present. She wasn't alone that day because she brought her friend in too. When she began to tear apart my blouse the rest of 'em just stood there with big smirks plastered on their faces. They enjoyed to see me in a vulnerable state.

I begged them to stop from cutting any further and suddenly a small pool of crimson blood formed below my right hand was. I realized the sting of pain running through my whole body. When one of the girl saw blood began to stain my shirt, she told to the rest of them that it was time to leave me alone. I wished I could just run away as fast my leg could carry me to somewhere magical and away from THEM. It hurt me so much mentally and physically. However, thanks to my flute it helped me to feel I'm in my own magical world as I close my eye and concentrate the sound on the Indian bamboo flute. My mom did asked me what happened that day and I just told her I FELL.

Once I was done with my dinner. I head back to my comfy room. I am not those girls that keeps her room tidy and neat. I am not those girls that enjoys applying make-up for a daily routine. And I am not those girls that hangs more time with boyfriends instead of books. Basically you could call me a nerd. Almost half of my room is filled with books and clothes. I opened my arm wide and fell gently on my bed. I stared at the ceiling for hours and just dream about the things I can do if Ma wasn't terrified to let me out.