~9~

After dealing with the misunderstanding between Rimuru and the ogres the goblins were now facing a new danger. A danger which could ruin them forever.

All goblins were on edge as they watched  the villages cook Gobuichi server their Lord Rimuru his first meal. Rimuru took a few seconds to look at the beef skewer which was served to him before he picked it up and took his first bite. 

Everyone was silent as Rimuru slowly chewed the meat. But after he swallowed his bite the young boy began to tremble. The goblins began to get scared as their Master didn't say anything.

"Rimuru-sama?" Rigurd called frightened.

"Is it not to your taste?" Rigur questioned nervously.

"It's so delicious!!!" Rimuru shouted with a big smile on his face.

The goblins roared in joy that their master was happy. Goburu breathed out a sigh of relief. With their Master continuing his meal with a big smile everyone else began to eat and drink with great joy. While everyone else enjoyed the feast Amaryllis took Rigurd, Rigur, and Kaijin to the two ogres in the background to discuss what had happened to them.

Their leader explained how an army of orcs had invaded their village and killed everyone they could find. Kaijin couldn't believe what he had just heard.

"The Orcs attacked the Ogres?! That can't be!"

"It's the truth."

"Can such a thing really happen?" Kaijin questioned.

"I don't know." Rigurd mumbled.

"Is it that strange?" Gobuta wondered with his mouth full of food.

"Of course it is. Ogres are immeasurably stronger than Orcs. That such a weak race would attack them is unthinkable." Kaijin explained.

"Nevertheless, they did come. They attacked our village out of nowhere. They carried weapons and wore armor, and their overwhelming numbers filled the entire forest. Those detestable pigs... overran our village." the ogre snarled.

"Orcs wearing armor?"

"Yeah, the same type of full plate mail that humans wear." 

"Then it's likely that the orcs are not working alone," Rigurd commented.

"Orcs could never round up all that valuable armor themselves." 

"Exactly. Among them was... a masked demon." 

"And you fought Rimuru-sama because you had mistaken him for this masked demon," Rigurd summarized.

"Yes."

"So... what does it all mean?" Gobuta asked.

"There is a possibility that one of the Demon Lord are helping the Orcs," Amaryllis mumbled.

"A Demon Lord, huh?" Kaijin sighed.

"But why a Demon Lord?" Rigurd wondered.

"I don't know. The only thing I' sure of is that only six of my three hundred brethren remain alive."

"I see. No wonder you're upset."

The group looked up and saw Rimuru walking toward them.

"Are you already full, Rimuru?" Amaryllis smiled as her little brother went to lean against the tree besides them.

"I'm taking a break. By the way, your sister is really amazing," he told the ogre leader and looked at the ogre girl who was talking to a few goblinas.