~5~

Rimuru and his friends followed the Ameld River to the north in search of artisans who can make clothing and houses for the goblins. They're heading to Dwargon, the Kingdom of the Dwarves. The slime is accompanied by Rigur and two other Goblins, and Gobuta, who says he's been to Dwargon before, is their guide. The Tempest Wolves that evolved from the Direwolves run as fast as the wind.

"Hey, no need to push yourself too hard," Rimuru said to Ranga.

"Yes, master!"Ranga answered and ran even faster than before.  Amaryllis didn't seem to mind the speed at all. She wasn't even clinging to Ranga like the other goblins were.

"Why are you going even faster?!" Rimuru shouted while he tried to not fall off.

Time passed and the sun began to set. The group decided to rest at the river.

"Rigur-kun, who gave your brother his name? " Rimuru asked the goblin.

"I'm told he received his name from a passing Demon called Lord Gelmud. He saw potential in him." Rigur answered.

"Gel?"

"Gelmud. He's an officer in the  Demon Lord's army," he explained.

"Oh..."

'Wait, Demon Lord's army?! There's a Demon Lord? Veldora said there was a hero, too...'

"Amaryllis do you recognize that name?" Rimuru turned to the spirit.

"Hm... The name doesn't tell me anything so he mustn't be someone important but it's not like I know all Demon Lords so I wouldn't know," she said.

"I see... Wait did you just said Demon Lords, as in more than one?!" Rimuru screeched in shock.

"Yes. Right now there are 10 known Demon Lords. 7 out of them are what we call True Demon Lords. Though they all have their own territory so it is quite rare to meet them. Even I have only met one but that wasn't the best moment..." Amaryllis said.

"Let me guess. Veldora?" Rimuru guessed.

"Veldora-sama destroyed one of the Demon Lords territories and has since then been on bad terms with her." she sighed.

"It must've been hard for you," Rimuru said.

"Veldora-sama knew I wished to learn how other races live but because of his strong aura and his love for rampaging we never got close to visiting their cities without being attacked or destroying something. He would always apologize for it. But I never minded. It was already enough for me to leave the mountains and see the world with my own eyes. And though I was never able to meet other people Veldora-sama's presence was more than enough for me."  Amaryllis smiled with her eyes closed.

She remembered every time after they managed to flee after her husband destroyed something he would apologize for not being able to keep his promise. But she would always tell him that she didn't minded.

'Veldora you bastard! You're really lucky to have such a good wife! You better not screw up once you're free!' Rimuru thought.

"Don't worry. I'll take you to these places. Then you can tell him all about our adventures together. Who knows maybe we will be able to do something about it and he can take you out for a real date!" he encouraged her.

"That would be nice." Amaryllis smiled.

After the break was over they continued their journey to Dwargon. A day later the group was resting for the night. They started a fire and grilled some meat they brought for the journey.