Dad smiles at me, sympathetically.

“I know son. It must be truly hard to wait patiently, especially since that’s never been easy for you. I’m so proud of you for doing this the right way though.” He praised me.

I didn’t want to do a single thing wrong because this was my mate. I wanted her to be happy.

“So what was that urgent business we needed to talk about?” I asked, trying to get rid of the love sick thoughts in my head.

Dad’s face turned from proud to serious, faster than I would have imagined.

“Your mother and I have a theory about Penelope.”

“What about her?” I questioned, on alert suddenly.

“Well, there are rouges running around the edges of our territory, along the shore. The water’s aren’t really anyone’s territory so no pack is stopping them. It seems they’re looking for someone, someone by the name of Penelope…” Dad informed me.

“You think they’re looking for my Penelope?” I asked, unbelieving.

“It’s just a theory. They probably tracked Mason here and think that she’s here The news about you finding your mate wasn’t kept as under wraps as we would have liked, as well.” Dad rushed to explain.

“There are a lot of Penelope’s in the world. They couldn’t possibly be looking for mine.” I didn’t want to admit that people were looking for her.

“We’re not sure, son. It’s just something we might need to take into consideration.” He told me.

I nodded at dad and stood up.

“Is there anything else that needs my immediate attention?” I asked, getting into my alpha mode.

“Jack and Mason will get you caught up on what has happened since you left.” Dad replied.

I left to go find my beta and gamma. They were in the little kids play room, joking around with the kids. Lily, a 5 year old girl that was adopted into our pack when her parents died in a car accident, came up to me. The pack never let her feel as if she didn’t belong. Her new parents were pack members and loved Lily as if she was their own, since they couldn’t produce their own kids.

“I heard that you met your mate today! Where is she?” Lily asked, curiously.

I knelt down to her height, since she was quite smaller than me.

“I did meet my mate today. There are some problems that need to be taken care of first before she comes to live with us, though.” I explained, lifting her up and into my arms.

“Will I get to meet her soon?” She asked, giggling.

“Definitely,” I replied, “I hope…” I added as an afterthought.

“Hey, guys. I need you to fill me in.” I told them, after putting little Lily down.

I was quickly briefed on what had happened since I had been gone. I dealt with the rouge problem, by setting up more guards around the border and making sure that everyone had a curfew. I didn’t want any of my pack members to get hurt or anywhere near danger. I would keep everyone safe, even if it killed me.

I sighed, as I finally got to my room, around midnight. There was a knock before I could even lie down on my bed. I lay down anyway, while calling out.

“Come in!”

“My poor baby, you’re tuckered out.” The person who gave birth to me cooed, as she entered my room.