two

Kate was crying and wailing, snort running down to her mouth, getting mixed up with her tears. She's down with fever, her tiny and fragile body burning up with temperature and Louis needs Harry. He's swinging in a side way manner, cradling her, showering her head with soft kisses to stop making her cry but none of it is working.

So, he dialled Harry, texted him to get medicines and milk from the store when he's getting back from work, he didn't reply or respond to any so Louis assumed he was driving back home.

The front door opened and shut almost immediately making Louis shudder, Harry came inside Kate's room, his face panic struck. "What happened? Is she alright? What did you do?" Harry asked, questions flowing out freely without a pause in between.

"She's sick, and she doesn't stop crying." Louis says handing Katherine over to Harry who gently took her into his arms and without a word he exited the room, leaving Louis.

Louis sighed and followed, a little hurt because Harry hasn't acknowledge him or kissed him after. But then again, he doesn't remember the last time they talked or had a fun conversation other than stuffs regarding Kate. They're both 24 now. They met each other when they were in Birmingham City University and they kicked off from there. Harry proposed Louis during the last year of uni and got married not too long. And Katherine was adopted an year after their marriage.

Katherine stopped crying astonishingly and was now sleeping peacefully in Harry's arms who was talking on the phone, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I should've not done that okay? I'll talk to you later." He was saying.

"Harry?" Louis asked, sitting beside Harry on the sofa.

Harry turned to look at Louis locking his phone.

"Who was it? This late." Louis was surely not demanding.

"Just my boss, he's acting like a jerk these days and was upset that I signed off without finishing my work." It was Cody.

"I know you work for an Indian company and the time zones are varied but why don't you quit babe, you're so stressed and we hardly have time for each other." Louis suggested, fumbling with his fingers.

"You care? All of a sudden?" Harry snickers.

"I always did. You're too busy with your fucking work and your dumb friends, not even sparing some time to me and Kate." Louis says, fuming and trying so hard not to yell.

"God, Louis, I need to fucking work in order for us to survive because you're too busy with Kate and I understand that but don't tell me to quit, the wage is very good."

"Who knows you might be chocking on someone's dick." Louis muttered.

He was right, he just doesn't know it.

"Oh shut up. Who knows you might be fucking Liam behind my back." Harry says, stands up and starts walking away to put Kate back into the crib. Such a hypocrite.

Louis' breathe hitched and he wanted to vomit, how could Harry even possibly wonder that he might be shagging Liam behind his back, Liam, out of all the people, his best mate. He got his knees up to his chest and cried silently hoping Harry would come and apologise but he never did.

And all of a sudden Louis' arms were itching for the familiar pain and burn.