💛💛💛

Last night I wrote something concerning the fact that I somehow have a strong desire to continue college for one thing and get certification for another, both completely different, so that I can have more options on what I want to do as a career in the future, and alternate options to fall back onto.
I saved the post as a draft because I needed to edit it, but I decided to post something different tonight. I'm really excited about certain aspects of my future, but a little nervous about others. For example, what exactly I want to do as a career once I do graduate college, or if I want to pursue certification for something else while I'm still in college. But that's besides the point.

Tomorrow is not guaranteed for my mortal life here on earth. It isn't for anyone. This was thrown into total perspective for me around a year ago, when I was diagnosed with a noncancerous, but rare, type of brain tumor. I did not know that my brain tumor was thankfully noncancerous until the morning after they found it. The night of not knowing if I had brain cancer or not was absolutely terrifying, and I spent those treacherous hours pleading with God,

that if I didn't have something so incurable like brain cancer is, I would spend the rest of my days on earth working to be the best person I could possibly be.

It made me realize just how much I loved someone in my life, and what a blessing their existence is to me, and how I must to never take that for granted in any way imaginable.

Anyway, don't take that as a reason to feel sorry for me, I don't enjoy discussing my medical issues because I feel that they attract unwanted negative attention. But, I can tell you how relieved I was when I was diagnosed with something noncancerous.

A brain tumor nonetheless, that comes with its own set of battles, but not something like brain cancer.

Anyway, today I realized that I need to appreciate the present more.
I often tell myself that after I get something done, I will be happier, or more relaxed. But the truth is, I will likely never face a day in my life where there isn't something that I need to get done, so I think it is important to think about how you can find happiness and peace even in times where things may be stressing you out.

Your happiness should never have to be postponed just because other factors are causing you stress in life.

I am exactly where I am supposed to be in this moment, and there is peace in knowing that.
I am exactly where I wanted to be a week ago, done with a huge project, and cast in a musical I really want to be in.

I am exactly where I wanted to be around a year and a half  ago,
I am almost done with the first half of my sophomore year of college, something which I didn't think I could ever achieve in the past.

I got to hold someone's hand today that I adore, something which I only dreamed about doing a little over a year and a half ago.

You are exactly where you need to be too.