Just the Beginning

Start from the beginning

 "Accio book bag!" she said softly but clear enough for Harry to hear. With a wave of her wand her book bag came flying down the girl's staircase. She caught it quite expertly, like a Catcher handling a quaffle sort of,

 She then wrestled the textbook with the title Intermediate Transfiguration out of her bulging book bag. She flipped to the page of their lesson from Friday.

 "Turning beetles to buttons?" said Leah quietly after clearing her throat.

 Harry nodded sending her a look to explain. He couldn't stop smiling just a little while she wasn't looking at him for clarification. After a simple explanation and a brief practice session Leah had showed him how to transfigure a beetle into a small button and back again.

 "Could you help me with the rest of it too?" she looked at him, eyebrows furrowed together in question.

 "You break everything down and it's just a lot easier." 

 "Is it?" she asked and Harry nodded defiantly.

 Before she could find a chance to reply they heard somebody walking down the steps of the staircase.

 "I should go." Leah spoke hastily like she was in a hurry.

 "Do you have to?" Harry asked standing with her as she slung her book bag over her shoulder.

 "Yes. I need to return a library book to Madam Pince. It's been two weeks past it's due date and I should get it back."

 "But what about-" before Harry could finish she was out the portrait hole.

 "Harry!" a squeaky voice said. It turned out to be Colin Creevey, Harry's number one fan that kept following him around with a camera last year.

 "What are you doing up so early? Who were you talking to? I heard voices and-"

 "It's nothing Colin." he said flatly heading back up to his dormitory.

 "See you later Harry!" he waved frantically before Harry disappeared up the staircase.

 He opened the door of his dormitory to see Ron who was pulling his jumper on over his t-shirt. Ron pulled his head through just in time to see Harry walk in the room.

 "There you are!" He exclaimed. Harry walked straight to his bed and flopped onto it, the bed sheets were still loose from when he had first got up. "I was starting to get worried. I just wake up and you aren't there lying in bed."

 "What did you think? Sirius Black had broke into the Tower and taken me away?" he asked with a hint of sarcasm.

 "It's a possibility."

 "We're safe. Dumbledore's headmaster, we've got nothing to worry about." said Harry, however he was a bit unsure of himself.

 "Whatever." Ron muttered changing the subject. "So where were you?" he asked and Harry sat up to look at him as Ron sat himself at the edge of his bed which was sloppily made.

 "I was down in the Common Room." said Harry scratching the back of his head.

 "By yourself?" he shook his head.

 "Leah came down a few minutes after me." 

"Oh really?" Ron asked with mild intrigue. "Did you get her to talk?" 

 "Yeah, a bit more this time actually." 

 "How come you're the only one that can get her to talk?" Harry shrugged an answer. "Anyways, let's get down to the Great Hall. I'm absolutely starving!" said Ron.