Chapter 9 ~ Donuts, necklaces and plaid

"Ya bitch is here with breakfast!" Gabriel yelled when Cas opened the door for him at 7:16 that morning. Cas held back a laugh as Gabriel practically ran into the dorm room with a bag of donuts in hand, stumbling a little from the sheer force of the speed he was going. Gabriel, once steady, placed the box on the table and opened it, waving to the selection of donuts. "Alright, pick your poison."

Cas reached a hand out and grabbed a french crueler, biting into it joyfully. Dean, however, took a double chocolate donut with chocolate frosting while Gabriel grabbed a simple chocolate frosted with rainbow sprinkles. Gabriel, with his donut in hand, laid onto the couch, sitting with his legs spread out.

"Gabriel, can you sit more appropriately?" Cas remarked, pursing his lips in distaste.

"Sorry," Gabriel remarked, stretching his legs out even further, "I'm too gay to sit normally."

Dean stifled a laugh, quickly covering his mouth with his open hand. Cas just sighed in mild exasperation.

"So," Gabriel bit into his donut, "how's your last weeks before finals treating you two?"

"Better than I was expecting." Dean murmured, munching on his donut. He moved a little more towards the box, letting his eyes scan over the selection of donuts. "I'm dying, of course, but my professors aren't giving nearly as much review as I was expecting."

"That's good." Gabriel murmured as he finished off his donut. He stood and grabbed another chocolate frosted, which just so happened to be the only other chocolate frosted in the box. "My freshman year was an absolute nightmare. The professors never stopped piling work on us. Pretty sure 80% of my class had at least 3 breakdowns in the weeks leading up to finals."

"Then I'm glad my professors aren't insane." Dean remarked, cocking his head. Gabriel let out a laugh, shaking his head.

"Yeah. You be glad."

Dean continued eating, and he finished off his first donut with ease. Once done, he grabbed his backpack and heaved it onto his back. "I got an 8 am class, so I gotta run."

"Bye, Dean." Cas said with a wave, standing up to give Dean a proper goodbye. Dean waved in return before walking out and closing the door. Gabriel waited for a moment, observing Cas's behavior as Cas continued to wave a little even after the door was closed.

"So that's the guy you're in love with, hm?" Gabriel remarked before Cas could say anything. Cas whirled around in surprise and spluttered. "Hm. I don't think he deserves someone as great as you, but he's your crush."

"Gabriel! I'm not-"

"Oh can it baby bro. I've known you since you were a baby, I know what you're like when you're in love." Gabriel pulled a lollipop from his pocket and popped it into his mouth. Gabriel then stood and closed the donut box, letting his eyes drift over to Cas. "You need advice, you come to me. I know how oblivious you are in love."

Cas averted his eyes right as Gabriel walked over to him. Gabriel gave him a quick pat on the back before walking out of the dorm. Gabriel quietly closed th door as he left, leaving Cas alone to his thoughts.

~~~~~

After leaving his dorm, Dean reached his 8 am class pretty quickly. It was mostly because he decided to speedwalk to his classroom, given how far it was from the dorms. Dean might've hated running, but he was the type who easily excelled at athletics. He tended to be the fastest runner in all of his gym classes, something he actually prided himself on.

It was quite cold that morning, something Dean loved. He had donned an old leather jacket his dad had given him, something that oddly was his most prized possession. Perhaps it was because the one thing he got completely to himself, the one thing that was his and his alone. It was the one thing that he had had his entire life.