Chapter 2: What is Happening to Us?

Mitch looked at himself in the mirror for a long time before turning to Scott. "Does this hide the glow to you?" He asked with concern. No one wanted the fans to see the glowing gems on their chests. "Yeah. But I'm pretty sure the stage lights will be bright enough to block it as well." Scott replied with enthusiasm. Mitch was hesitant.

"But when the lights go out after a performance they can see the glow! Did you think of that Scooter? We can't let them see this no matter what! This is only between us, Esther, and the crew! And you do know it's your fault we got into this mess!"

"My fault!? What are you talking about!"

"You know exactly what I am talking about Hoying! You're the one that said 'OHHH, he seems professional enough! Let's go get these gems stuck to our chests and GLOWWWWWWW!!'"

The way Mitch said that made Scott want to laugh a little bit. But Mitch was too angry to hear him laugh. "Look, Mitch. I don't want to fight. Okay? Tonight's the concert and we can't let something like this ruin a good night. We'll figure out a way to hide the glow from these gems."

Mitch gave him a glare. "We'd better." Then he walked away, leaving Scott there. Kevin walked in, obviously hearing the whole thing. "What's gotten into him?" He asked curiously. Scott couldn't come to a conclusion. "You're the smart one. You tell me. He's never gotten this mad at me before, even for things that mattered more than this!"

Suddenly, he could swear he heard Mitch crying. He and Kevin walked into the hallway where he had gone to after yelling at Scott. His phone camera was faced towards him.

"I'm ugly! Why am I so ugly? I hate it!" He sobbed. Kevin and Scott gave each other looks. Mitch looked up at them, them stood up in front of them. "Have I ALWAYS been this ugly? Huh? HUH??? Why are you alway lying to me about how fabulous and "flawless" I am? Huh Scott? Huh Kevin?"

"Woah woah woah! Why are you saying that?" Kevin asked.

"Because it's true. I'm ugly! And YOU'RE ugly! And YOU'RE ugly too Scott!" He screamed out.

Scott just glared. "Okay, you can call me ugly any day, but call Kevin ugly?? That's crossing the line! Something has gotten into you, Mitch. I don't know what it is, and I don't know why it's making you act like this, but it is unacceptable."

Mitch broke down, crying even harder than he was before. "I-I'm sorry! It's all m-my fault! I need a churro." He pushed through them back into the room.

"A churro?" Kevin mumbled. "Okay, something is definitely up! I'm going to figure this out!" He marched into the room leaving Scott. "Hey! Wait for me Kervy!"

~

"AHHHH!"

Kevin heard Kirstie scream and ran into the bathroom where she was. "Kirstie what's wrong??"

"I-I... I dropped my dollar!!" She screamed which echoed throughout the hotel room.

Kevin looked down and saw the dollar at her feet. "Um, it's right there at your feet. Pick it up."

"It's too far down Kevin!!"

"Really Kir-"

"I AM NOT PICKING UP THAT DAMN DOLLAR KEVIN NOW SHUT UP!"

Kirstie stormed out of the room in rage while Kevin picked up the lone dollar on the floor. "Hmm, free cash."

Scott peeked into the doorway. "Ummm, what the hell was that??" He asked Kevin, who was looking at the amazing, dropped-on-the-floor-by-Kirstie dollar. "I don't really know. But all I know is I've got an extra dollar now!" Scott grabbed the dollar from him. "This isn't the time to worship a stupid dollar bill! We have to find out what's going on with Mitch and Kirstie!"