God Damn It , Everyone!

Start from the beginning

She needed more than Zetsu this time. She needed more tools to secure her victory. Her powers were significantly less than the last time—closer to when she first arrived on Earth rather than when she was at her prime as the sole empress of the Earth.

As for Zetsu's main puppet, she considered them as completely useless.

(Not that she was going to stick to that failure of a plan anyway.)

That Madara brat was practically useless, if the last war was any indicator. There was too much greed and lust for power inside him, something that Kaguya didn't appreciate to exist in her tool.

That's why she finished him off and took his single remaining sharingan.

She needed the power of the sharingan in her side. She still had a small fragment of her rinnegan sharingan in her possession, but she wasn't able to use it to its fullest extent because her current body didn't possess the third eye.

It was a good thing that she has Madara's eye and her new son conveniently has lost an eye.

Oh, she knew who this boy was. She has seen his adult self during the last battle—so fearless and loyal, so willing to die for the one that he cared for, as proven when he jumped in front of the Uchiha boy and protected that arrogant brat from her lethal attack without any hesitation.

It wasn't a blind devotion like how Zetsu worshipped her, but it was something far stronger than that.

Zetsu hid under her sleeves back in the last war. Useless and pathetic.

(Of course, she didn't tell him that. He still has a purpose to serve.)

She didn't care much about it back then, possessing infinite divine power herself, but now that her power wasn't as it was like when she has consumed the chakra fruit, she needed a better son to fight alongside her.

She needed a son that wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice himself or pushed himself beyond his limits for her.

Someone like the young Hatake Kakashi.

Hatake Kakashi owned something that Zetsu didn't.

She has seen his mind upon the first touch. It was truly heartbreaking, to look into the depth of his mind and seen what he has suffered through. He was the embodiment of her reasons to enslave all of humanity in the chakra tree. This pointless war has taken too much from him—his mother, his father, his pack brother and his own self—plunging him into a constant state of deep grief and self-hate. His soul was tormented with grief, regret and sorrow—too much pain held in such a small body—but yet he was still strong and stubborn to continue living and fight for the one he cherished.

That was the ultimate devotion rooted from love.

This was what Zetsu was lacking.

Love, the greatest power on Earth.

And to earn that devoted love for her disposal, she has to create a bond with him—a bond that would be strong enough for him to serve her with unwavering loyalty.

Knowing his history and seeing his mind, she knew exactly how to gain his devotion.

Hatake Kakashi has never had a mother after all.

With that in mind, Kaguya glided towards the small curled up form in the ice bed, sitting by the edge of the bed and gently placed his head on her lap. She pulled the thick sheets over his shoulders, tucking in the edges around him until he resembled a sushi roll more than anything else. The blood loss has made him deathly pale, but it was a necessary thing to do to keep the pesky Konoha shinobi from hunting him down.