To lose what you love.

--------------------------------------------------------
Death is inevitable, but nobody really wants to die.
--------------------------------------------------------

Ella's parent's healer Kace and Miranda were bruised and bloody. It looked like Elijah did not really go easy on them, but what Ella was confused about was that how could a person be so cruel so as to go to this extent of torturing innocent souls? 

She had always been an independent woman who was strong and kind, but she had always despised people who treated others like inanimate objects. She strongly objected against the idea of a man ruling a woman's entire life after all women were also human and deserved the same treatment as men.

But the Kingdom of Dolcenia did not practice these customs in the extremes. Sure, there were some houses who agreed with the idea of treating a woman as an object, but Ella's family never believed in that. 

But ironically here she was, tied up in a chair and being forced to see her parents in front of her by a man who was hell-bent on treating her nothing more than an object of his possession. She could not even help them, and because of this, she felt weak and worthless.

As soon as her parents got conscious her mother's eyes filled with tears and she cried out, "Ella my child! Are you okay? We have been worried sick about you!"

Her dad pleaded "My King, why are you doing this to our family? Surely we have not broken any rules for us to be getting these kinds of cruel actions against us.  Please let us go, your highness. We beg of you. Let me and my family go."

"Dad! Mum! You are injured!" Ella said with a strained and sad voice.

Elijah laughed, the sound of his vicious laughter echoing in the dark cellar walls.

"Tsk tsk tsk... isn't this a very heartwarming family reunion? It will surely be sad as it is doomed for a very bleak end. I hate to be the bearer of unhappy news, but this reunion has to be cut short" Elijah mocked scared Ella.

"Your Highness please let my parents go. They have absolutely nothing to suffer for, please my king, do not do this. I will do whatever you want me to do, but please just let them go" Ella pleaded the man who was in front of her.

"WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT ADDRESSING ME ELLA?!" Elijah shouted in fury. "It seems like you need a very good punishment in order for you to permanently enter that into your brain" he seethed.

"I'm s-sorry m-ma-master p-pl-please l-let my p-parents go" Ella stuttered."Poor little Ella, I cannot really do that for you, after all my love you do need to be taught a lesson for you leaving me in the past and also not to forget about your recent behaviour, so for that I will have to break you piece by piece and I will start with the piece you hold dearest to you, your parents. GUARDS! Give them 50 whips each"

"NO! PLEASE, MASTER! PLEA..." Ella's voice was cut off by the vicious sound of the whips falling on her parent's backs. They were already so weak and now with the amount of dreadful force the whips were being let down on their backs, she feared they would hold on any longer.

Ella's started screaming and thrashing around telling Elijah to stop the cruel torture. She truly loved her parents and seeing them getting hit like that was so very painful for her.

In the midst of the sounds of her parent's cry and the merciless whip, Elijah grabbed Ella's jaw roughly and then mocking her said "My love, look what you have done now. This is all because of you."

Elijah was loving Ella's fear and submission to him. He craved this, it made him feel pleasured that his Ella was begging him. Her cries were music to his ears and he couldn't wait to get more into action.

"Now my love. Tell me, will you ever leave me again?"

"No..I..won't..master please just stop this" Ella whispered.

"NO ELLA DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM!" shouted her father. Being a parent he could not see his dearest daughter being mentally manipulated by a sick person, even if it was the King.

Elijah was livid now. "How dare a peasant tell my Ella what to do!" he thought."He is trying to make my Ella leave me again, he is filling her head with unnecessary thoughts" his mind was filled with these thoughts. A voice inside him whispered in his mind "Ella is going to leave you again..."

Ella was his. She belonged only to him and him alone. He was the only one she would ever need or love in her life. And he wasn't going to let anyone alter any changes now. He would chain Ella up and never let her leave the castle. After all, Ella was only his. She was his obsession and God help those who objected to that.

"NO! ELLA IS MINE! SHE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!! ANYONE WHO TRIES TO DEFY ME AND TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME WILL HAVE TO DIE" Elijah suddenly shouted. He unsheathed his sword and in the blink of an eye, something wet rolled near Ella's foot. She bent down to check what it was, only to find the head of a person she loved most in her life. Her father. His eyes were filled with dread and his mouth was closed. Bruises covered his face and fresh blood dripped from the ends of the neck. Some tissues were still hanging from her fathers head. 

Time stopped for Ella. She could not take her eyes off the head and after that screams filled the air. That was the last scene to unfold before Ella lost consciousness.

After all who wouldn't? One of the only people who she trusted and loved in the entire universe was dead, with his head near her feet. The bloody and gruesome scene wasn't worth the sight. 

Seeing Ella lose consciousness, Elijah smiled and then told the guards to imprison the screaming and wailing mother for he was going to take his dear Ella to his chambers. 
It was going to be fun, and Elijah couldn't wait until when his love would open her eyes again.
This wasn't even the teaser and she was fainting now, but what he had in store was far more terrifying and cruel.

BY the end of it all, his Ella would only have him in his mind as her master. He would be the only person to possess her whole mind and body. She would be his obedient and submissive Queen. She had a lot more to suffer.

---------------------------------------------
I'm so excited!! I'm actually giving my exams currently, and I have gaps for my Chemistry paper so I thought of uploading another chapter here, and I was so shocked when I saw that THIS NOVEL IS RANKED 27 IN DARK ROMANCE!! OMG YASSS!!

Please pray for my exams. They are quite important lol.

Please do vote and share this story with everyone by adding it to your reading list or by sharing it via social media!! 
Comments and feedback will be highly appreciated!
------------------------------------------------