"... don't – " Lan Xichen called and immediately caught his hand. Jiang Cheng looked at him. "Wanyin..." Lan Xichen called. "Is what I heard true...?" he asked, his eyes and face filled with tears.

Jiang Cheng didn't notice that his tears are falling, too. "Yes." He answered as he wiped Lan Xichen's tears away.

Lan Xichen smiled. "I'm glad..." he said as his eyes slowly closed. "I finally can fight against them more... for our love..." he muttered as he fell asleep.

Jiang Cheng sobbed as he slowly opened the back of Lan Xichen's robes, his hands are shaking. He felt his heart dropped to the bottom of the ocean when he saw Lan Xichen's back is black and blue. He closed his eyes tight as he gently hugged him, sending him with spiritual energy.

"Jiang Cheng! What ha- " Wei Wuxian said and stopped by the door when he saw Jiang Cheng is holding the unconscious Lan Xichen. His eyes went wide "... is Zewu-jun dea -ow!" he cried when Lan Wangji gently pinched his hand he's holding. He frowned and just kissed Lan Wangji. "I'm just kidding. Lan Zhan finally told me earlier when he heard me telling you to break up with Zewu-jun." He said, his face serious. "Jiang Cheng..." he called.

Jiang Cheng didn't answer and just continued to send spiritual energy to Lan Xichen.

Gusu – Cloud Recesses.

Jin Ling grimaced as he looked at the entrance of the Cloud Recesses. He raised the jade token of Lan Jingyi which Wen Ning picked up after Lan Jingyi dropped it in the Lotus Pier where the villager who found them took them. "Good I have this." He said as he walked towards the entrance. He looked around and appreciate the beautiful view. So serene... this place is really good for cultivation. He thought as he finally reached the bridge leading him to the classrooms. ... where do I find them...? He thought as he looked at the empty place.

"Young master Jin?" a voice called from behind.

Jin Ling turned and saw Lan Qiren. Lan Qiren's face went serious. For a moment, he saw the image of Jin Zixuan overlapped Jin Ling. "Senior Lan." Jin Ling greeted and bowed.

Lan Qiren combed his beard. "What could be young master Jin's purpose of coming here? You want to study?" he asked.

Jin Ling forced himself not to grimace. "Err." He said and stood straight, then gave Lan Qiren the jade token of Lan Jingyi. "I am here to return this." He said and explained of what happened.

"Very well." Lan Qiren said. "Thank you." He took the jade token.

"Also..." Jin Ling said.

"Young master Jin has something he wants to ask?" Lan Qiren said. "Then, I'll serve you tea – " he said and turned.

"... I wanted to ask why Zewu-jun seemed injured?" Jin Ling asked. He looked at Lan Qiren who turned to him. "I... I saw him unsteadily flying and almost fell off his sword." He explained as he recalled what he saw earlier.

"... and that place you saw him... the Lotus Pier?" Lan Qiren asked.

No point in denying, since Jin Ling also felt that what happened to Lan Xichen has something to do with Jiang Cheng. "Yes." He answered and bowed.

Lan Qiren's face went serious. After a while, he sighed. "Follow me." He told him.

Jin Ling nodded and walked after him.

Yunmeng – Lotus Pier.

Jiang Cheng gently held the forehead ribbon he found under his pillow after he fixed Lan Xichen on his bed. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji immediately called the doctor after they are sure Jiang Cheng wouldn't spend his spiritual energy again, making him almost collapsed, too, earlier.