Change

Lan Xichen watched on the side as Lan Wangji played the Empathy, Wei Wuxian held the YunmengJiang sect's bell while Jiang Cheng sat on the floor, his face showed pain and discomfort. It has been an incense time they had started but the Empathy showed no signs of stopping. This depends on Jiang Cheng's mental and spiritual state. "Brother." Lan Wangji called, his fingers gracefully playing the strings.

Lan Xichen started, and only then did he notice he's anxious. He's gripping his robes tight to the point it crinkled. He knows how dangerous Empathy is. You use your body as a medium for the ghost to possess. Earlier, they finally found the ghost of the corpse. However, they saw that the ghost is mute. They were surprised, because the ghost's corpse they found was mutilated, they didn't dare assume the ghost must be mute. And thus, they started Empathy.

Their eyes went wide when Jiang Cheng's body moved, then began to twitch. They saw his hands are tightly balled and is gripping his robes. His lips are tight and, when they saw blood trickled on the corner of his lips, Wei Wuxian started to ring the bell. Jiang Cheng's body swaggered and almost fell on the floor, his head first, had not Lan Xichen – who has been waiting since earlier, immediately caught him. a few seconds later, with eyes still closed, Jiang Cheng coughed up blood. "Sect leader Jiang!" Lan Xichen called as he held Jiang Cheng in his arms tight.

Wei Wuxian rang the bell faster and, a few moments Jiang Cheng gasped loudly. For the last time, he spat out blood, then his eyes slowly opened. The first thing he saw is snow white robe that was painted red – blood. What a pity... he thought as he closed his eyes again. "Jiang Cheng!" he heard Wei Wuxian called. Wei Wuxian...? He thought, noticed that Wei Wuxian's voice is far. Also... Wei Wuxian's robe is black. ... who's holding me...? He thought. Though the body is warm... he closed his eyes contentedly.

As an answer, a warm and low voice rang above his head. "Sect leader Jiang." Lan Xichen called as he shook Jiang Cheng's left shoulder. Jiang Cheng's right shoulder is leaning on him for him to hold him steadily. "Sect leader Jiang...?" he called. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji ran towards them. Jiang Cheng didn't answer. "... he's asleep." He said when he noticed Jiang Cheng's steady breathing.

Wei Wuxian sighed, relieved. "Thanks, Zewu-jun." he said and bowed, referring to catching Jiang Cheng earlier.

Lan Xichen just hummed a response as he carried Jiang Cheng. The two saw the blood on his clothes. "Brother." Lan Wangji called.

Lan Xichen shook his head. "Let's settle sect leader Jiang first." He said and looked at the sleeping Jiang Cheng in his arms. He saw the blood on Jiang Cheng's lips. He raised his hand and wiped the blood off Jiang Cheng's lips with his sleeve. The two were surprised, but didn't speak. Lan Xichen turned, didn't notice the two's reaction. "Let's go." He told them, then walked first while carrying Jiang Cheng.

"Mn." Lan Wangji nodded as he held Wei Wuxian's hand.

"... Lan Zhan." Wei Wuxian called.

"Hm?"

"... I don't like where this is going." Wei Wuxian said, his face serious. Lan Wangji stopped and so he stopped. Lan Wangji looked at him as he looked back at Lan Wangji. "I don't want Zewu-jun for Jiang Cheng." He told him.

Lan Wangji understood. Wei Wuxian meant that Lan Xichen is overly caring for Jiang Cheng today. Recently, Lan Xichen has been acting strange ever since he went out of his seclusion. Also, even if their clan would owe Jiang Cheng for lending them a hand in this case, Lan Xichen is way overboard of his actions towards Jiang Cheng. ".. Wei Ying." He called.

Wei Wuxian raised his hand, then shook his head. "Zewu-jun... he seemed to hold romantic feelings towards Lianfang-zun." He said. Lan Wangji didn't answer, since he himself, too, noticed his brother's actions. "... I don't want Jiang Cheng to be hurt. Lan Zhan." He called. Lan Wangji looked at him. "After this case, I'll keep Jiang Cheng away from Zewu-jun." he told him.