Chapter 1: Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

Upon reaching the accord,
You will receive your justly earned reward.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Harry asked in frustration at both the riddle they faced and the chains holding him in his chair.

"Potter! 5 points for language and 20 for not bothering to pay attention to the situation." Snape growled at his student. Voldemort growled his own frustration but also noted that Potter simply glowered at his Professor before sitting back in his chain bedecked chair with a huff.

"Be greatful that whatever that spell was it didn't toss us into a volcano, or at the north pole, or somewhere equally difficult to survive without sometype of preparation." Snape pointed out and they watched as the younger wizard paled.

"Yeah. I'd rather not visit the moon without a space suit." Harry agreed fervently. That's when he realized who the third member of their odd little group was. His face ran the gamut of emotions from fear to defiance to, finally, resignation before he slumped in defeat and asked tiredly. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to not try and kill me? At least for a little bit?"

"That depends entirely on how cooperative you prove to be and what the exact enchantments are that brought us here." Voldemort pointed out shrewdly.

"Right. Well when you decide to actually try and kill me could you at least make it not hurt? From the look of things one of you will get free first and both of you seem to want me dead, even if the Professor has protected me occasionally. I figure its part of his job to protect students." Harry said dejectedly, as he slumped further into the chair and restraining chains. It took a moment for them to realize that the words on the tapestry had changed but when they did all three of them stared at the new words.

Turns you will take as you examine the past.
Amends you must make down to the last.
To achieve what you desire,
You must quench the Phoenix's fire.
Bound one and all,
You must speak to avoid the fall.
Two remain of the Peverell line,
One Prince remains at this time,
Half-bloods all,
Struggling against the fall.

To bring back magic to its rightful height,
To shore up the power of Hecate's might,
To continue the rightful fight,
The first task is to speak this night,
Of pains long hidden and deeply cut,
Possibly hidden like a nut.
Break the shell,
Heal them well,
Leave it no longer to fester,
Least you be named Jester.

Heir of Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Prince,
You must convince and be convinced,
To speak of the painful, poisonous past,
That you may find peaceful rest at last.

"That's even worse than the first part and I still don't know what either of them mean." Harry said with a scowl. Snape gave a despairing sigh and looked at the ceiling as if to say 'Why god, why me?', while Voldemort simply scowled at them both.

"The Prince and Prince Heir that keeps being mentioned is likely me. My mother was born from the Prince line." Snape said thoughtfully. "The Dark Lord is clearly the Slytherin Heir and Potter could qualify as the Gryffindor Heir if he truly did draw the founder's sword from the blasted hat in his second year."

"Hey! I didn't lie! Its not like I actually wanted to fight the stupid basilisk. I just wanted to get Ginny and get out of there but the stupid diary memory wouldn't let me. It even took away my wand." Harry retorted with a scowl, causing Voldemort to suddenly go perfectly still.

"You fought Slytherin's Basilisk and you're still alive? What memory are you speaking of?" Voldemort asked carefully.

"The memory of you that was in that stupid diary. Why would anyone make something that possesses a little girl and then make sure it gets into a school of all places?" Harry told him, still scowling. "Now she follows me around and keeps trying to get me to be her boyfriend. Its embarrassing and annoying."