Ch. 15 Crescent City

Depuis le début

"Human," I interrupted. "But only for a few hours and won't be again till the next full moon. So I asked Josh to get a message out to Eve in the bayou."

"Josh isn't dead yet? Well, good on him. I love a nice survival story," Rebekah said.

A guy walked out of the plantation house right then. "Who the bloody hell is that?" Rebekah asked.

"Kegs out back, right?" I asked.

"Yup," the guy told me.

I turned back to Rebekah, who was clearly just a little bit ticked off.

"Right, it appears you weren't going to wait for me to grant you permission to throw a kegger," she said.

"Listen, you all want to keep me and my kids safe, fine. I'll do as I'm told. I'll play damsel in the glass tower, but tonight is the one night a month that I can get answers about my family. Now, you can rat me out, send me to my room, or you could help me throw one hell of a party," I told her, smirking. She glared at me.

|

Hayley left to go chain herself up and I started hanging up some clothes on a line for the wolves. I turned to check on Lilly, who had been playing on the ground but was now staring at something. I turned back to see that she was looking at the wolf that had been watching us. I smiled, walking over and grabbing her little hand. "Hello again," I said. "I'm looking forward to meeting you soon."

I looked up at the sky. The full moon was hidden behind a cloud, but it would be on full display soon enough. I picked up Lilly. "Come on, baby," I said. I gave the wolf one last smile before walking away.

|

I walked in the back door with Lilly on my hip, knowing Rebekah was in the kitchen. "Hey, Rebekah, do you mind watching- oh!"

Rebekah was standing in the kitchen with one of the werewolves that had already turned back. Apparently he had forgotten to grab clothes. I covered Lilly's eyes as I looked away. "Umm, never mind. I'm just gonna leave and take the toddler with me," I said, moving towards the door.

I walked to the door. I turned back when I was out of the guy's view and gave Rebekah a thumbs up. She picked up a towel and threw it at me as I quickly left.

|

I started cleaning up the house as everyone else partied. Rebekah seemed to be having a good time with the werewolf. I found myself missing my boyfriend and friends. I had never been this bored at a party, especially not my own.

Lilly seemed to be having a ball, however. I had brought the new toys that Rebekah had gotten in New York, along with the ones Klaus had gotten her in an effort to bribe her into liking him.

"I seriously doubt you invited us here just to clean up after us." I spun around to face the dark haired werewolf. "You're Rory. I'm Jackson. It's nice to see you again," he said.

I relaxed a little when he said that. "You're the wolf who's been watching me," I realized

He smiled. "I gotta keep my eye on you. Precious cargo and all," Jackson told me.

"Right," I said, my hand going to my bump. "Gotta protect the miracle baby."

"That's not what I meant. I don't care about the baby," he said.