waiting for the hint of a spark.

*•.¸♡ song: i will follow you into the dark ♡¸.•*

Crime families were not talked about a lot in the United States. Not because they did not exist, but because the families could pay off any who had a problem with the business they conducted. Or get rid of them. Whichever was easiest. There were two big crime families in Ohio, the Duns and the Josephs. The Duns ran Ohio and the Josephs were their biggest rival. The Duns had the weapons market on lock while the Josephs were experts at the drug ring. The Joseph family actually answered to the Dun family, which is why the latter ran Ohio.

To be more specific, Joshua Dun ran Ohio, the state he claimed was his kingdom. They called him Hades, no one dared to stand in his way. He was cruel and harsh, with an itchy trigger finger and quick reflexes. He was the oldest son of Bill and Laura Dun and older sibling of four. He had a head full of red hair, currently, that he kept slicked back whenever he had to go out in public or hold meetings. He was thirty years old and looking for a partner to share his kingdom with. It was hard then you may think however, too many rules to consider.

There were certain rules to be a part of the Dun family that they follow without fail. The most important rule to be followed at all costs is; to be a part of the family, one must have blood on their hands. Blood must be spilled for the Dun family. It was kind of hard to find a someone to rule his kingdom with and keep them separate from the horrors of his life. He wanted a partner that was not weathered from this lifestyle like all of his father's associates, someone who was semi-innocent and loyal without fault. His very own Persephone. And he may have found just that.

He first saw him five months ago. He had been invited to see Zack Joseph take over the mantel of the Joseph family when his father Chris stepped down. He was the oldest of the Joseph children and already had a wife and child at the time of his promotion. Joshua had been in his position as the head of his family since his youngest brother Jordan turned twenty, almost five years ago. He really did not want to come to this party, Zack was a pathetic excuse for a leader and was a vicious man. If Joshua was Hades, then Zack was Zeus, the hidden asshole in Greek mythology. Joshua had the great pleasure of calling him Zeus, knowing that the younger man would never understand the insult. Joshua's mother had been big on Greek mythology and Joshua took great pride in being called Hades. But back to his Persephone.

Joshua had wandered around the party, not one to drink in unfamiliar territory, when he has found the beautiful creature in a small gallery with a piano situated in the middle. The beauty had short brunet hair and the reddest lips that Joshua has ever seen. He was not dressed like the other men at the party. His slim, feminine frame was wrapped snugly in a black, off shoulder gown that exposed his long tan legs. 

Joshua wondered what it would be like to have his face buried between those long legs

Joshua wondered what it would be like to have his face buried between those long legs. He was gorgeous. Even from a distance and the very obvious scars on his face.

The beauty had multiple scars running down his face under both of his eyes, in a pattern that looked almost like tear tracks and probably did when the scars were bleeding. Joshua could tell they were cut into his face and Joshua's beauty, as he was now called, must be tough to live through that type of torture. Joshua had cut someone's face to shreds and they had barely breathed after the tenth cut. His beauty had at least twenty.