Lovely + Elijah Mikaelson

Word Count: 909

Warnings: Nah+

Prompt: What happens when Elijah hears your voice? Sometimes it takes us a minute to admit our feelings to the right one.

Song: Song to you ~ Performed by James Graham on The Four: Challenge for Stardom.

¶×¶×¶

You sat at the piano and played the keys carefully as Klaus sat on the couch, he looked at you "I was wondering why my brother told us to keep that." Klaus comments.

"Do you even know how to play?" He shakes his head "But now I can just have you play, when I want." He smirks.

You laugh "Not a chance, punk." He lost his smirk and looked at you before he laughed.

"You're so lucky I actually consider you a sister." Klaus winks getting up and leaving as Elijah enters.

"You play?" You ask he shakes his head "Come here!" You smile excitedly as you continue playing the keys.

He walks over and sits down besides you and watches your hands as you slowly teach him the keys to play, he listens to your laugh as he hits the wrong keys.

"I am awful I know." He chuckles "No! It just takes practice." You laugh he looks at you and smiles.

"I love you, Y/n. I really do, you're just so different. You're a vampire and yet you live like you're just a human. It's amazing, you're amazing and beautiful." He whispers.

"Elijah-" Rebekah walks in and you advert your gaze back to the piano "Hey guys, are you finally teaching him how to play the piano correctly?" Rebekah smiles.

"She was, but I am unteachable. And I must get going." Elijah stands up and you keep your focus on the keys of the piano.

"Did he tell you he loves you?" You look at Rebekah and nod "I was gonna say it back? Maybe, I don't know what I was going to say." You bite your bottom lip.

"Do you love him back?" You nod and she gasps covering her mouth "Next week! The dinner party Klaus is hosting for Elijah's birthday!" She grins.

"What about it?" You ask.

"A Song for You? You rock that song, come on practice it and sing it for him." Rebekah smiles brightly.

You smile and nod "Okay I will." You slowly get out.

Elijah stayed in his room the rest of night giving you a chance to practice the song, and for the rest of the week that's what you did. You had to wait for Elijah to leave, but besides that it was easy.

He still felt uneasy about going around you because of the whole he admitted he loved you, and you didn't say it back.

¶×¶×¶

Tonight was the night of the dinner party for Elijah's birthday, you looked around the room and noticed how many people had showed up.

"Don't panic, it's just a few people. You're going to do amazing." Rebekah whispers.

You nod and head for the piano "Move aside." You whisper to the guy playing it.

Everyone stopped as the music stopped and looked at you. Your hair was curled and fell on your shoulders effortlessly, your dress was black with long sleeves and came mid-thigh on you as it hugged your body perfectly. It had a lace appearance to it as you matched it with nude heels.

"Good evening everybody, happy birthday Elijah." You smiled towards him and he gave you a small smile back.

"Now someone told me they loved me and I didn't get the chance to tell them how I felt, but hopefully they like this." You smile sitting down and starting the song.

"I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs
I've made some bad rhymes
I've acted out my life in stages
With ten thousand people watching.
" You sang carefully hitting the correct keys as you looked at the piano trying not to focus on the crowd.

"But we're alone now
And I'm singing this song to you
I know your image of me is what I hoped to be
I treated you unkindly
But darling can't you see
." You let out a small breath at the end and notice Elijah move, you got the courage and you looked at him seeing him smile at you.

"There's no one more important to me
Baby can't you see through me?
'Cause we're alone now and I'm singing this song to you. 
You taught me precious secrets of a true love." You continue trying to keep yourself as calm as possible.

"You wanted nothing
You came out in front
When I was hiding
But now I'm so much better
And if my words don't come together
." You focus on the keys it had become easy to sing in front of everyone now, it was easy for you to do both play the correct keys and sing without any fear.

"Listen to the melody
'Cause my love is in there hiding
I love you in a place
Where there's no space or time
I love you for my life
You're a friend of mine
." You finish up and everyone claps smiling and nodding, Elijah carries himself over to you and helps you up from the seat of the piano "I love you too, Eli. I just didn't get to tell you that." You whisper he smiles and leans down kissing you.

"Happy birthday, by the way." He smiles "Thank you for making it the best one I've had." You smile up at him and nod "Anytime."

¶×¶×¶