Chapter 18: Nothing to worry about

"So what did you do this weekend?" Lydia asked me as she took place next to me on our usual lunch table. 

Got pregnant and then didn't got pregnant.

"Nothing really" I responded and poked my sandwich. I haven't really had any appetite lately. Probably because of all the stress or something.

"Not hungry?" Stiles asked. I nodded and he immediately stole my food. 

"You look pale, Maybe you should go home" Lydia said.

"Nah, I'm fine" I said and leaned back a bit.

"Scott McCall to the principals office" A voice called out. Scott looked a bit surprised at first but stood up and walked out of the cafeteria anyway. 

"What is that about?" Stiles asked and took a bite out of my sandwich.

"Maybe it's something about that thing that keeps Derek busy" I said. Everyone gave me questionable looks so I explained "I asked him what it was about but he said that I shouldn't worry about it, Which makes me worry about it"

"Do you know anything?" Lydia asked Isaac. He mumbled a quick 'no' and looked away.

"Well we all don't even need to be a werewolf to see that that was a obvious lie" I said and rested my elbows on the table "Plus I saw you and Derek talking and when I asked what it was about Derek told me not to worry about it"

"It's nothing to worry about" He quickly said "Truly"

"Let me decide if I worry about it or not" I replied.

"Okay it is definitely something to worry about" He said and sighed "Derek just wants me and Peter to handle it"

"We are gonna get in the middle of it anyway Isaac" Lydia said "We always do. We're the beacon that is Beacon Hills"

"Just stay out of this one" Isaac said "Especially Melody"

"Is it something about Mitch?" I asked "Derek told me that he left town"

"He didn't left town" Isaac said "He fled"

"From who?" I asked.

"Santa Claus" He whispered and started laughing "Bother Derek with these questions, I already said to much"

* * *

"Thanks for the ride" I said to Lydia. "But uh, Can you bring me to Derek's loft?"

"I'll bring you but I need you to think for a second"  Lydia said and turned right "If they want to leave us out of this one shouldn't we be grateful? I mean we get to nearly die for most of the time. Maybe we can enjoy a vacation"

"I don't want a damn vacation. I want to know what life threatening situation my boyfriend is getting himself into now" I responded and looked out of the window.

"Boyfriend?" Lydia asked.

"Yeah?" I asked confused. "You know that Derek and I are dating right?"

"Yeah. But I also noticed the ring on your finger" She answered "I just figured-"

"It's a promise ring" I said cutting her off and started playing around with the ring "I promise that no matter what happened from this point, I love you with all my heart. And that at this exact moment everything is perfect"

"I had no idea that a true Romeo was behind that grumpy face of derek's" Lydia said and parked at the side of the road "Text me what you find out"

* * *

I slid open Derek's door and saw that he was sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by papers. 

"Hey" I said and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around him and give him a small kiss on his lips "I need to talk to you"

"Can it wait? I'm busy" He said and wrote something down on a piece of paper.

"It can't" I said and sat down on the chair in front of him. "Tell me"

"Tell you what?" 

"What you're working on" I said and rested my head on my hand.

"Just financial stuff" He replied.

"Okay, Now tell me what you were working on with Peter yesterday" I said. He looked up surprised "Please? I just don't want you getting hurt" I grabbed his hand and gently squeezed it.

"I'm not gonna get hurt. I got Peter to watch my back" He said and I gave him my 'are you serious?' look "I'll be careful okay?" 

"You better be" I mumbled and kissed him.

"Are you hungry?" He asked and got up. 

"No" I said as he walked in the kitchen.

"Sure?" He asked "I got left over pizza"

"Nah, I'm good"