hueningkai knew what yeonjun was talking about. he was talking about the first time yeonjun started to feel for hueningkai. yeonjun was so scared when he realized he loved hueningkai.

it was so new to him. he had never loved someone of the same gender until hueningkai.

and after awhile, he learned to embrace his sexuality with open arms. now, he had to do the same with his appa. which meant, giving his father some time.

"when did you start loving me?" hueningkai asked kai curiously.

"when i saw those beautiful brown eyes look into mine when you tried to give me flowers." yeonjun smiled softly, remembering that day as if it were yesterday.

"but you told me to burn them. that's not what you say to the guy you like, hyung." hueningkai deadpaned.

"i did love you then," yeonjun giggled. "it just took time for me to fully accept it."

"do you regret making me cry?" hueningkai asked, wanting to know.

"hell yeah," yeonjun sighed. "if i could reverse time, i would stop myself from being such a dick."

"you were a cute dick though." hueningkai laughed adorably.

yeonjun's heart melted as hueningkai's happy laugh made its way into his ears; like the perfect melody.

"i never knew a dick could be cute but it is whatever you want it to be, baby." yeonjun teased.

hueningkai smiled in content. he was so happy at that moment. it was just him and his boyfriend, just them against the world.

"i decided i have to do something." yeonjun announced, raising from the bed.

"what is it?" hueningkai questioned.

"i am going to go to my father," hueningkai sucked in a breath at yeonjun's comment. "and tell him three words he needs to hear."

"no," hueningkai hyperventilated. "no, no, no..."

taking yeonjun's hands in his, yeonjun assures, "nothing bad is going to happen. the worse he can do is beat me up again. i just need to get this off my chest."

hueningkai bit his lip and said firmly, "then i'm coming with you."

yeonjun opened his mouth then protest, but hueningkai cut him off, "i'm not asking you, i'm telling you."

"okay fine, damn you can be scary at times." yeonjun grimaced as he backed away from the younger a bit.

"shut up." hueningkai rolled his eyes as they walked side by side to yeonjun's house.

once they made it, yeonjun instructed, "stay here. i need to tell him this by myself."

hueningkai nodded and yeonjun walked into his house, shaking a bit from fear.

he stood right in front of his father's bedroom door and left his fist hanging in the air. he wanted to knock on the door, but he feared what laid ahead of him.

with a newfound confidence, he knocked on the door. his father opened the door with a face, at first, of indifference. then, he was surprised.

"yeonjun?" his father asked, totally stunned.

"hi, dad." yeonjun smiled.

"what are you doing here?" his father crossed his arms over his chest in a stance that used to scare yeonjun. now, it didn't.

"i love you, dad," tears welled up in yeonjun's eyes. "i love you so fucking much." he ran into his father's arms, encircling his arms around his waist.

his father let out a gasp and started to choke, probably so shocked that he chocked on his own spit.

"s-son?" his father stuttered. he father wanted to show him his firm side as he always had. but this time, he just couldn't bring himself to do so.

"i love you dad," yeonjun sniffled into his embrace. "i love you despite our differences. i love you despite our fights. i love you despite the fact that you hate me. i love you because you're my dad regardless of how you treat me."

it was quiet for a long time, then his father whispered, "i love you too, yeonjun. god, i have been such an idiot." he sobbed and hugged his son tighter.

"from now on," his dad smiled at him, the first time in years he had ever done so. "you're my son and i'm your father. regardless of who you love."

and with that, they continued to hug, trying to grasp the lost time they had let slip away years ago.