⋆ 𝟺 ⋆

"You still haven't told me where we're going?" I whine as Bucky was still dragging me through the streets of New York.

He doesn't slow down but merely glances back at me with a prominent grin on his face. "I tell you and I'll ruin the moment!"

I roll my eyes and mutter, "I am definitely loving the moment right now."

We continue weaving our way through alleyways and roads for the next 15 minutes until he finally stops. I hadn't been paying attention and next thing I know, my face bumps into his back. I snort and before I can make a comment, I notice where we were.

He had taken me to a deserted alley attached to an old crumbling building. The building used to be apartments until it had deteriorated to the point where it was falling apart. But that wasn't what got my attention.

The brick walls surrounding us were full of color. Two out of the four walls were almost completely covered in paintings of people. There was no point to it. There was simply people. All of them with different expressions on their faces; all of them with their own stories. Some of the faces were detailed to the point of, if you looked close enough, you'd see the small wrinkles of the skin. Others looked as if though they had been drawn in a rush yet they were still beautiful.

Bucky had been simply staring at me, seeing how I would react.

"I didn't know you were an artist." I finally break the silence although my eyes never left the walls.

"I'm not. My friend is though." I hear him move around and when I turn around, I see him placing two chairs in the middle of the alley. "He likes to look- like really look at people and when he sees someone who stands out he draws them. Sometimes I come with him over here and just sit as he paints over the wall."

Suddenly I feel ashamed at looking at the work. This was private, I had no business even being here.

"You shouldn't have brought me here." I say softly, now forcing my eyes to look away from the paintings. "Your friend wouldn't appreciate a stranger looking at these."

Bucky's eyes narrow slightly as he stares at you before smiling widely. "You're not a stranger. I've told you my birthday remember?"

I smile and playfully roll my eyes as I go and sit next to him.

We sit in silence for a few moments before I suddenly spring up from the chair. "Holy shit."

"What?" Came his confused voice.

I point at the wall. "That's me."

He looks at where I was pointing at and sure enough you looked back at him. This was one of the most detailed ones he had seen.

"Yeah I suppose that looks a little like you." He jokes.

I ignore the comment. "Your friend. What's his name?"

"Steve."

I pause. "Steve Rogers?"

"Yeah. You know him?"

I shake my head incredulously. "Yeah we met briefly."

He doesn't say anything right away. "Was he... getting beat up?"

I chuckle. "You could say that."

He laughs and stands next to me. "Yeah Steve likes to get beat up in alleys. It's kind of his thing."

I shrug and look up at the sky. What a small world.

Wait a second.

The sun's setting.

When was my curfew?

"Bucket? What time is it?" I ask as casually as I could.

He looks down at his watch. "Its almost 8:30."

My eyes widen and I feel my whole body tense. Oh shit.

My curfew is at 9.

I think for a second. Its almost a thirty minute walk from here. I could make it.

I turn sharply to Bucky. "Bucket, it was nice doing this with you. But now I really have to go home."

He stands up and walks towards me. "Alright let's go."

"What do you mean 'lets go'? I just told you I'm going home."

He smirks. "I know. I'm walking you home dummy."

I stand up straighter. "Theres no need. I can manage."

He laughs as he starts walking ahead of me. "I have no doubt about that. I just want to keep being around your wonderfully snappy self, doll."

••○••

"Who was that boy?"

I sigh. "Nice to see you too Chris."

With my coat hanged, I head straight for the kitchen to grab something to eat, hoping Chris would let it drop.

He clears his throat as he follows me into the kitchen.

"Yes, Chris?" I start peeling an orange.

"The boy-"

"Is just a friend." My gaze focuses on nothing else but the orange in my hands. "He was just walking with me after we helped fix those pipes."

"You're 15 years old Y/N." He says as he takes the seat at the table. He was right across from me. "You shouldn't be worried about dating and boys just yet. I mean it's alright to be curious." He suddenly laughs. "To tell ya. When I was 15 I was a real curious boy. I used to-"

My cheeks were on the point of exploding from how red they were getting. "Chris! I don't want to know. " I set my head down on the table. "I'm too busy right now to focus on boys or dates. School starts back up in a week and I just want to enjoy my break. Please. "

I hear him trying to stifle his laughs as he stands up. "Alright alright. Just remember: Don't ever let a boy or anyone else keep you from doing what you wanna do."

I look up and smile at him.

"Thanks Chris."

°•°•°•°•°◇°•°•°•°•°•

So after this I'm going to be going a little faster. So we can hopefully get to the juicy parts of angst and stuff from the movies etc.

Also, thanks so much for the 500 reads on this story! 😊