⋆ 𝟹 ⋆

"Wrong." Chris' voice says sternly from the sides. Sweat trickles down my forehead as I try not to snap at him.

"Chris." I try to keep the impatience out of my voice. "We've been doing this for hours. Just tell me what I'm doing wrong."

I turn away from my punching bag to look at him.

"You are training with your impulsiveness." He steps onto the old matching ring and approaches me. I get into my stance facing the punching bag only to gasp when my feet are thrown out from under me. "And that is how you get yourself killed."

"That was cheating." I groan as I sit up and look up at him.

He chuckles and extends his hand out towards me. I grab it thinking he was helping me up only to end up on the floor again with a pain on my chest.

"When you are fighting, never loose your advantage." I hear him say as I simply lay there, looking at the ceiling. "That is-"

"How you get killed. I think I get it by this point." I interrupt him as I get up on my own. I look wearily at him hoping he'll dismiss the lesson for today.

"Apparently not according to that mess of bruises on your face."

I take off my gloves and make a face at him behind his back. "They're already fading! Besides, there weren't many to begin with."

He chuckles as he throws a canteen at me. "Of course."

I shrug as I chug down the water hurriedly. "You know, I don't appreciate your attitude."

He booms out a laugh and crosses his arms. "I never appreciate yours either but that doesn't stop you from giving it to me."

I laugh mockingly as I hop off the ring and head towards the door. My fake laughter gets louder as I leave.

I can only imagine the mildly amused look on his face.

"There isn't anything wrong with my attitude." I mutter as I lay in the tub, the soapy water relaxing me as I scrub at my skin.

I stay quiet as I examine a bruise on my side

I stay quiet as I examine a bruise on my side. The rich asshole had gotten a good kick in. I sigh. I need to be quicker.

I stand up from the tub and dry myself off after letting the water drain.

Walking out already dressed, I see a bowl of fruit and some bread on the table with Chris reading once again.

"Lunch." He says simply without looking at me.

"Thanks." I reply as I let myself fall on the chair. I wolf down the food and Chris raises an eyebrow at me.

"What?" I ask defensively with my mouth full of blueberries.

"Where you raised by wolves?" He grunts.

I grin. "No. Something much worse... a bald man who wakes me up at 5 and beats me up."