"or... maybe we are all dead and we're just specks of dust floating around in a parallel universe and our speck of dust is ruled by a baby potato chip."

"... on a scale of one to ten, just how stupid are you?"

"uhh... fourteen?"

"sometimes, i pray for jesus to just come down from where ever the fuck he is and just choke me to death with an almighty cloud."

"... oh me too haha."

hueningkai's eyes flutter open to be met with two boys.

the first boy was extremely tall. like a fucking giant tall with vibrant blue hair and a bunny-like smile.

the second boy was a short boy, like so cute and tiny. he had tomato-like red hair with big, wide eyes that looked knowledgeable.

"uhh," hueningkai starts, startling the pair. "who are you guys?"

"i'm taehyun," the red-haired boy introduces. "and this is my idiot of a stepbrother, soobin."

"i like your pullover." soobin grins lazily.

"thanks?" hueningkai says awkwardly, not used to compliments.

"how did you get here?" taehyun asks, crouching down to hueningkai's eye level.

"i got beat up by a jealous woojin..." he mutters, touching the back of his head which was throbbing.

"a jealous woojin?" soobin furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"i got beat up, let's just leave it at that."

"yikes," taehyun winces. "do you need to go to the hospital? we can take you."

"no," hueningkai smiles. "but i do need a ride somewhere."

soobin hoists hueningkai up on his feet and drags him to the car.

"fasten your seat belt." taehyun instructs, bossily.

"oh yes sir." hueningkai grins.

"you bet you better treat me with respect!" he winks playfully. "i'm basically your savior."

"you're kind of right," hueningkai smiles genuinely. "so thanks for that."

"no problem, kid." taehyun waves it off cooly.

"hmm i'm not a kid but i'm just going to let it slide." hueningkai giggles, looking outside the window of the moving car.

"hmm whatever," taehyun hums in disinterest. "now where did you need to get dropped off?"

"oh at a coffee shop called 'small lotus.' it's not too far from here." he responds.

taehyun starts to drive past red lights (yeonjun came to a quick realization that he was a reckless driver and probably the cause of many car accidents) until he made it to the humble coffee shop.

"here you are," he smiles. "well, it was cool talking to you. maybe we should talk to one another soon?"

"definitely," hueningkai grins. "thank you for the ride."

"no problem." he grins as soobin waved goodbye.

hueningkai bids goodbye to soobin then walks towards the shop.

"eomma lisa~?" hueningkai calls out to the quiet shop. "it's me, hueningkai. i need to talk with you."

he was met with silence.

"eomma?" he walks to the back of the shop to here quiet murmurs.

"why are you so hard on that boy? he comes with tears everytime i see him and he's so sweet, he deserves nothing but love." an elderly voice makes its way into hueningkai's ears.

"you know how appa is... he would never let me be with a boy." a sweet and soft voice is heard.

"eomma lisa, is that you?" hueningkai knocks on the door timidly.

"ah yes!" lisa responds as rustling his heard around the back room. "come in, dearie."

hueningkai opens the door to be met with his oemma's loving, wide open arms.

"eomma lisa," hueningkai starts. "what was that noise?"

"huh?" lisa asks obliviously.

"i heard a man's voice in this room before i came in."

"oh no, it was a korean drama i was watching." lisa laughs.

"oh," hueningkai shrugs. "okay."

"what brings you here anyway, babe? do you need to vent?" she asks bringing him closer to her chest.

"no," he shakes head. "i need you to clean my blood up."

"blood?" lisa gasps.

"uh yeah, i got beat up..." hueningkai laughs awkwardly.

and as eomma lisa catered to hueningkai, a boy watched them with anger.

yeonjun was going to fucking mess woojin's face up for touching what was his.