The Omega of the Alpha

He sat on a bench in Kuoh Academy. Playing with his A.T.-Field, he formed a drill, claws, a spiral ball, and a helical lance. It had been a year since he opened the Dirac Sea after the Third Impact. He tried not to remember that, but it would always wear on him. The obliteration of humanity, and their unwillingness to live. He smiled sardonically. I mustn't run away. Oh, how he failed. He ran into the Dirac Sea to escape the hellscape that was his Earth now, a wasteland completely void of life and surrounded by the blood-red seas of LCL. Now that he thought about it, it probably would be a literal sea of blood, wouldn't it? I mustn't run away. He then looked at the tennis-ball sized sphere that was the Lance of Longinus when it was dormant. Floating in his palm, he had it go in circles as well. What he didn't notice was the widened eyes of Rias Gremory watching from the Occult Research Clubroom's window.

It seems he knows magic as well. Rias Gremory could not get a read on the boy. He seemed to smile, yet it seemed forced. It seemed like an attempt to smile, yet he could not. It was a wonder that he was be friends with Issei Hyoudou, of all people. And it was even more of a wonder that he wasn't corrupted by Hyoudou, though it would have been entertaining. She watched his face, looking as it hardened into a look that she instinctively knew did not belong on such a kind boy's face. During the last year, she though she could easily read him. He wasn't even trying to hide anything. He didn't even know who she was, as rumors and gossip about her with Issei seemed to bounce right off. Yet there were slip-ups where he had unreadable expressions which were downright disturbing. Though he didn't seem dangerous, he seemed to have the potential to be.

Shiro Sagisu - "Cruel Dilemme" (Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0)

Which was why her interest skyrocketed when he looked up into the sky in melancholy, and she felt his presence. It was powerful, and she could sense that he was still reigning it in. And it was permeated with pure despair. She gasped and went right behind the wall. He jerked.

Looking back up at the window of the ORC, Shinji saw a flash of red hair. Asuka? Then he yelled out. "Hello? Is someone there?" Rias Gremory inwardly panicked a little bit. He could sense her? "Umm... okay then..." he trailed off sadly. Then he walked away.

She was confused. Usually, creatures of power flared their energy to intimidate others, but Ikari wasn't doing any of that. It was like he hadn't noticed it at all. But yet she couldn't help but feel guilty for not responding to him.

"Hey, Shinji!"

"Yeah, Issei?"

"You should come with us to the kendo club! Those girls are works of nature! Think about the ladies you can oogle!"

"Well... I–!?"

Issei grabbed his arm and sped off. "H-Hey! Hold on!"