Not A Second Date

Start from the beginning

"When we're done eating, I am getting the ice cream and having you for dessert, Ely." Darwin sighed. "I just wanted to let you know."

Ely laughed. "I will let you, Darwin. Thanks for letting me be me. I never had anyone really understand me."

Darwin laughed. "I don't know if that is a good thing but I do understand you and I will be patient. I love you and I hate it!"

"I hate it too! Get the ice cream!" Ely smiled. He put his plate on the coffee table. "I'm growing. Plates don't go here!"

"They do tonight!" Darwin rushed to the kitchen and got the ice cream and a spoon. He rushed back to the bed with Ely and ice cream. They shared.

Ely opened his eyes. It was Saturday and he wasn't at the gym at five in the morning. The sun was up already. Darwin was wrapped around him. He rubbed his back and closed his eyes.

Darwin smiled. "Good morning."

Ely smiled. "Good morning. Any dreams?"

"None. You?"

"Nope. Dreamless." Ely sighed. "I missed going to the gym this morning."

Darwin laughed. "Last night wasn't physical enough for you?"

Ely laughed. "It was perfect and the reason that I didn't make it the gym. It's your fault."

"Cause I'm so sexy!" Darwin sighed.

Ely nodded. "Fuck yes you are!" He inhaled. "Darwin, last night....I never thought that we would be here!"

Darwin nodded. "Me either. I never thought I could forgive you. I love you too much, Ely."

Ely nodded. "I love you too much. What do we do now?"

"Well, maybe get up and clean up." Darwin smiled. "I know it will bug you."

"It will. So, was I too controlling?" Ely was worried.

Darwin rolled onto Ely all the way. "If you get too controlling, I will punch you, Okay? I really do know you pretty well, Ely Stephens. I know what you're like and I know that you are super sexy."

Ely smiled at Darwin. "Darwin Hodges. I love you!"

"Why?"

Ely laughed. "What? Do you want a list?"

Darwin nodded.

"Fine. You aren't like me. You aren't controlling. The way you look at me, I find it, you, irresistible." He inhaled. "The main reason I love you....is because you make me feel like me."

Darwin inhaled. "I do?"

"Yes. I feel better with you. I can talk to you and I don't feel judged or pressured. I am still trying to figure me out, Darwin. Could you just be patient with me?" Ely sighed.

"Sure, one condition..." Darwin glared.

"Okay, what?"

"Go a little easier on yourself. Please. I hate seeing you so angry." Darwin inhaled. "Do you think we can get past it?"

Ely sighed. "The suicide attempt. You can say it. I had to learn that too. Maybe we should see someone, together?"
"What? Like couples therapy?" Darwin stared.

Ely laughed. "Sure. But....maybe they can help us too. Darwin, you know we have history that can tear us apart. I don't want that. We could have a fight and you could easily throw the suicide in my face or....I could be sleeping and you think I tried again."

"Oh, right. I like the new door, by the way. I'm paying for half, at least. Ely, let me?" Darwin sighed.

"Compromise. Do therapy with me and I will let you pay for half of the door." Ely smiled.

Darwin glared. "Do you need me to do that with you?"

"I think it would be a good idea."

Darwin looked into Ely's blue eyes. "Do you need me to do it with you?"

Ely sighed. "I do."

Darwin smiled. "That's all I needed to know. Okay. Set it up."

"Really?"

Darwin leaned in and kissed Ely. "What part of I love you did you not understand?"

Ely laughed. "That whole sentence! I'm learning about love too. I'm trying."

"Me too. When I say I love you, Ely. I love you. All of it. The really fucked up stuff that you hide from everyone, the controlling stuff, the masochistic stuff, the gentle lover, the friend and the enemy. I love all of you!" Darwin kissed Ely. Ely melted and let Darwin love him. He had never done that before. Just Darwin and he didn't understand why Darwin Hodges was so different. He was inside Ely. In his heart.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy. Please leave comment and vote.