He saw Lan Xichen's eyes went wide as he immediately ran towards him, reaching his hand out. "WANYIN!" he called as he caught him. He felt like his heart was eaten by a giant snake when he saw him about to fall. But, Jiang Cheng already fell on the lake. He felt like his whole world stopped when he saw Jiang Cheng was swallowed by the water. He felt like his heart was swallowed by the void. "WANYIN!!!" he screamed as he jumped after Jiang Cheng.

A loud splash can be heard as another figure disappeared in water. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian who have arrived immediately turned when they heard a loud splash followed by Lan Xichen's scream. They looked at each other and ran towards the pavilion by the lake where they heard the scream and the splash from. However, they only saw the calm lake. "Where did they fell?!" Wei Wuxian asked as they frantically looked around. The lake is as calm is it could be. "Shit!" he cursed as he took off his shoes. "Lan Zhan, I'm gonna find them – " he said as he jumped down the water.

Lan Wangji heaved a sigh as he let the water splash on him, then Wei Wuxian disappeared. "Be sure to come back." He said as he leaned forward to the water. However, since the wooden floor is wet, his hand slipped. "Ah - " he said and a second later another splash can be heard. The lake has become calm again, with four people in its water.

Damn it... Jiang Cheng thought as he let his body drown. This hurts so much... I never thought I'd be hurt this much when I love... this isn't like me. Why did I change? He thought as he coughed. Losing my family is one thing. Losing him... it's another – he felt his tears come out of his eyes, then watched them mix with the lake's water. I really have fallen for him, huh...? He thought and bitterly smiled, then his lips quivered as he let out air from his mouth. Shit – he thought. I never thought that I'd die from the one thing I love – water. I am adept at swimming, yet I'd die from drowning. How ironic... I intended to use him... or did I? I don't know anymore. He thought as his chest constricted. He's losing air. All I want is someone who will love me as I love them back. However, all I got is someone who will never love me back. Pathetic... I'm always pathetic. I thought I already overcome my pathetic self. Turned out, I'm just running around in circles. I never have thought love is painful... I should've realized it. I grieved when my family died because I love them. I grieved when Wei Wuxian died because I love my brother. Now... I wonder. Will Lan Xichen grieve for me? As if he will. He doesn't love me. He'll never love me... he thought as he closed his eyes. Lan Xichen... I wish I never met you. He thought. I wish... I could forget you. But... it's impossible, I know. Now, all I could see is you. He saw a flash of white before him and felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist. The next second and he felt his lips was seized, followed by the air pouring his body through his mouth. All I could think is you... Lan Xichen. He thought and closed his eyes, feeling the kiss. I could still feel you kissing me... I am thinking you saving me. If you really want to save me, then love me back. I know, I am being selfish. But, that's the only thing that could save my heart. But... I know you never will. You will never love me back, thus... you will never save me. I really wish I can stop loving you. Order my heart to stop beating for you. But, the die has been cast. I already have fallen to you. I can never stop loving you. I can never stop thinking about you. I can never stop seeing you. I can never stop... my heart that is beating for you. Lan Xichen... he thought as he felt his consciousness fading. However, he also felt his head being pulled towards the surface. I am sorry... but... he thought as he opened his eyes and saw they're on the surface. Lan Xichen is holding him tight and they're soaked. Can I continue loving you? He thought as he slowly raised his head and met Lan Xichen's face near his face. "Wanyin – " Lan Xichen called, mad.

But, his felt his ears are ringing. I always cause you trouble... he thought as his eyes slowly closed. He saw Lan Xichen is still saying something, however he can't hear them anymore. I know they're just words to reprimand me. Ah... Lan Xichen... you'll never let me love you, huh...? He thought. Then... he felt his head drooped. His eyes finally closed and his consciousness faded away.