2

February 18th...

The bell of the door went off playing it's wonderful music. I was the closest to the door, so I opened it. There was a carriage, and out stepped a man. I didn't know who it was so I said,

"Welcome."

He spit on the ground and rolled his eyes.

"Where is the king, servant girl?" He asked demandingly.

His voice was so beautiful that I couldn't find words.

"Speak when you are told servant!!" He ordered.

"In the galley."

"This isn't a ship!" He snapped. "You are in a castle serving the most highest in the land! You must use the proper words!"

"The kitchen, sir," I stuttered.

"Why is that man always eating!"

The guy shoved past me. And headed towards the kitchen. I slowly followed.

When he got to the kitchen he started to yell.

"Father why the heck do you have so many girl servants! I didn't have any!"

Father?! No way?! This was the prince?

"Son! You will pick one by next month!"

"A servant?! A low life like them! God! I'm a prince father, not a peasant!"

"These are top servants! They were chosen by me!"

"Well that one isn't in the top notch," the prince said pointing to me lurking in the doorway.

"Vera is the hardest worker around here! She would serve you well, son," the king told him.

I blushed a little.

"Her lack of knowledge makes me sick," The prince spit at his father.

"She has lots of knowledge!" The king screamed slamming a hand on counter.

"She called the kitchen the galley! A galley is on a filthy ship!"

The king sighed. He glanced at me with an apologetic look.

"Don't you give her that look! She doesn't need pity!"

The prince strolled over to me pushing me against the nearest wall. My heart speed up. The prince looked down into my blue eyes, and I looked into his creamy brown ones.

For a second it seemed like time stopped, only for me though.

"She has no soul!" the prince declared, stepping away from me.

The king didn't say anything. He was done with all this foolish nonsense.

"Father! I am going to my room!"

"Vera go with him," the king said.

"Why her?!"

"Just shut up and let Vera show you to your room Aaron!"

Aaron.

I walked out of the kitchen and headed for the grand staircase. Aaron raced up ahead of me. I sighed. I didn't want this man anymore. In my dreams he was a polite young handsome man. Erase one of those factors, and you have this guy.

"Servant! Which one is my room?" the prince asked sauntering down the vast hallway.

"The third to the right your majesty," I whispered curtsying.

I quickly opened the door for him. He sat down on the bed, and took in his room. It was massive. Five times the size of my room. The prince grumbled something then fell back on his bed.