He raised his hands to push him, but Lan Xichen caught them with just his one hand. He tried to move his head back but Lan Xichen is firmly holding his chin, making him unable to free his lips from his. He sucked in his breath when their lips parted, only for a second since Lan Xichen slipped his tongue inside his mouth. He felt his face went red and his mind go blank when Lan Xichen's tongue caught his tongue and played with it. Fck - ! he thought as he felt the corner of his eyes watered. His heart beat wildly, now with fear. He closed his eyes tight and a sob come out of his mouth, followed by his tears that fell.

Lan Xichen was frozen, and his lips slowed down. A silver thread of saliva can be seen when his lips left Jiang Cheng's lips. "Wanyin..." he called, then immediately hugged Jiang Cheng in his arms. "I'm sorry." he whispered as he rubbed the other's back. "I scared you. I'm sorry – " he repeatedly said as he hugged him tighter. "I'm sorry..." he said as he closed his eyes. They stayed like that for a while before he felt Jiang Cheng's weight became heavier. He has fallen asleep again. He looked at his tear-stained face and wiped his tears – like the last time when Jiang Cheng had a nightmare, and Wei Wuxian granted him permission to be with Jiang Cheng. I... he thought as he caressed Jiang Cheng's pinkish cheeks because of crying, then he lifted him – princess-style like when Jiang Cheng collapsed in the mingshi. He carried him to his bed. He just put him down and tucked him in when Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji came back. "... young master Wei." He called.

Hate passed Wei Wuxian's eyes and his eyes glowed red, but it turned back when he looked at Jiang Cheng. He walked towards Jiang Cheng and looked at him. After a few minutes and he spoke. "Zewu-jun." he called. Lan Wangji is just standing by the door, watching his wife. "I ask you one last time." He said and looked at Lan Xichen. "Do you intend to take care of Jiang Cheng?" he asked, his eyes glowing blood-red.

"I do." Lan Xichen answered, staring back at the blood-red eyes. He knew Wei Wuxian isn't threatening him, and he doesn't need a threat. He (LXC) knows, he (LXC) wanted to take care of Jiang Cheng. Also... his face went serious. Wei Wuxian didn't use the word 'love', since he (WWX) knows Lan Xichen will never love Jiang Cheng, because there's no more place in Lan Xichen's heart – all of them are occupied by Jin Guangyao, who's ironically dead.

Yes. Wei Wuxian knows, Lan Xichen still lives in the past, since he can't let go of it, and will never let go of it. Lan Xichen... he's only like this towards Jiang Cheng since Jin Guangyao also was once like this towards him (LXC), and Lan Xichen never had the chance to take care of Jin Guangyao – or that he never had taken care of Jin Guangyao to the fullest, while Jin Guangyao was still alive since unexpectedly Jin Guangyao died. And so, Lan Xichen saw Jiang Cheng, felt sympathy towards him and so he takes care of him.

Yes... it's only sympathy Lan Xichen felt towards Jiang Cheng. Also, Lan Xichen is finding retribution for killing Jin Guangyao. And so, he saw Jiang Cheng and Jiang became his object of attention. Coincidentally, and unfortunately, Jiang Cheng has been full of his longing for love – yes, this is the reason why Jiang Cheng had slept for two days after Empathy. He was emotionally unstable, too, like Lan Xichen – even if he himself told Lan Xichen that Lan Xichen was emotionally unstable, that is why he told Lan Xichen he can never do Empathy.

Jiang Cheng... Wei Wuxian thought as he lowered his head. He balled his fists as his face went dark. "Zewu-jun." he called.

"Yes." Lan Xichen answered.

"... can I ask a favor from you?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Anything." Lan Xichen answered.

Wei Wuxian raised his head and looked at Lan Xichen in the eye. "Can you never leave Jiang Cheng?" he asked. "Don't... ever leave Jiang Cheng." He said, then looked at Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng... I am sorry... I left you... twice. He thought as he closed his eyes. Once, he died. The second time, he married. Jin Ling is the only one on Jiang Cheng's side, but they know Jin Ling will marry someone someday – and will also be leaving Jiang Cheng. "... please don't leave Jiang Cheng, no matter what." He said and looked at Lan Xichen in the eyes. He didn't notice that his tears are already falling.