Jiang Cheng's brow twitched, starting to get pissed. "You're not asking me to help you with your marital problems... right?" he said and smirked, but mocking since he's pissed.

Wei Wuxian immediately sat straight. "Of course not. You are single – " he said, then stopped when Jiang Cheng glared at him. He cleared his throat. "I want you to help them deal with the corpse." He answered, his face serious.

Jiang Cheng's brows raised. "Why would I do that?" he asked. "I am a busy person. I can't move just because you asked me. I am a sect leader, if you forgot that." His eyes narrowed. "I can help them if they asked me themselves, and officially." He explained, then pushed Wei Wuxian's elbow off his desk. "Even if the fierce corpse is that bad, don't they have many talents?" he asked.

"They are doing their best." Wei Wuxian defended. "Lan Zhan, old Lan and even Zewu-jun." he said, then paused. "After Zewu-jun went out of his seclusion, his power... decreased. Lan Zhan is even better than him now." He said, his face sad.

Jiang Cheng frowned. "I don't care about their sect's problem. I have my problems, too." He said, his frown got deeper when he looked at the stack of papers around him.

"Jiang Cheng!" Wei Wuxian called, his hands on the desk. "Please. I ask you just this once. Even if I am not Lan, I still wanted to help Lan Zhan. I don't want Lan Zhan to be hurt." He said, his voice firm and his eyes determined.

Jiang Cheng stared back at him. Right... he thought. The reason why his clan fell is because of Wei Wuxian helping Lan Wangji back then. Back then... he thought, his face went serious. Wei Wuxian already have fallen in love with Lan Wangji. While me... he thought, he lowered his gaze as he contemplated. What was I doing before...? He thought, then closed his eyes. "Fine." He said and looked at Wei Wuxian. He loves Lan Wangji enough to challenge the world. Same with Lan Wangji... how about me? When can I... he thought, then pushed out the thoughts from his head. "When do we leave?" he asked.

"Great!" Wei Wuxian said and immediately stood up. His face lit up. "We leave now!" he answered.

"Oh." Jiang Cheng said, still immersed in his thoughts. "... wait, what?" he asked and looked at Wei Wuxian.

However, Wei Wuxian just pulled him. Jiang Cheng sighed, then looked at Wei Wuxian as he let him pull him. This... likes before. He thought, remembered this scene from the past. ... won't I regret this? He thought and frowned, remembered the times Wei Wuxian also dragged him to his adventures. He kicked the worry off his heart as they head to Gusu.

Nothing will happen this time... right?

Gusu – Cloud Recesses.

Lan Xichen hissed when he felt the scratch on his cheek. He wiped he blood with his finger. He turned when he heard Lan Qiren coughed, blood trickling from his mouth. He's holding his chest as Lan Wangji – who had no trace of wound, helped Lan Qiren up. The other seniors are still lying on the floor, half-unconscious. They are inside the mingshi. Earlier, they tried Inquiry to the corpse but to no avail. Its resentment is too strong, and so they could only give up when most of the seniors collapsed.

He touched his cheek that was cut. "Brother." Lan Wangji called when Lan Qiren is now standing straight, but still he's holding his chest. "What do we do?" he asked.

He didn't answer, since he doesn't know what to answer. Even now they all joined their strength, but they could only barely restrain the corpse. This is the first time this has happened. "I – " he said, his face solemn. But, before he could say "I don't know.", the door of the mingshi burst open.

Their eyes went wide and they all turned looking to the trespasser. But, it was no trespasser since Wei Wuxian is now part of their clan. "Lan Zhan! Ah. Senior Lan, Zewu-jun." Wei Wuxian said and respectfully bowed.