018. Bad Girls Get Caught P.2

Johnny's POV

I read over the message thinking about who they meant and who it could be from. I looked at the time and I was 30 minutes late for class. I lazily stood up from the floor dragging my feet down the hallway. Once I reached the class Mr. Martin immediately stopped me.

"Hold on. Your 30 minutes late for class, to the office. Now!" He ordered. I didn't feel like arguing so I just left without a word.

"How may I help you?" The clerk asked

"I was late for class so the teacher sent me here." I explained. She nodded her head pointing to a door across the room. I entered the room sitting down across from a girl with messy brown hair.

The hell happened to her?

"I don't wanna talk about it." She growled. I widened my eyes slouching in my chair embarrassed. I looked over at the girl one for the time but she paid no attention to me.

"What's your name?" I asked hoping to get an answer. She continued to play with her fingers avoiding the question. I sighed slouching more into my seat biting my inner lip.

"Doesn't matter." She whispered. I didn't say anything after that not wanting to push her limits. I waited for a good hour before the bell rings signaling it was time for the last period or in my case free period. I grabbed my bag heading out of the office and into the once again overcrowded hallway.

"Hey, did you hear what happened to that girl before 6th period?"

"No, what happened?"

"Heard some chick smoothied her. Her hair was a total mess after."

"Ouch, I'd hate to be that girl right now. She's gonna need some major shampoo."

I listened to the girl's conversation thinking back to the brunette I met in the office. Her hair was matted and something fruity was in the air. That must've explained the smoothie.

"You know who did it?"

"No, wish I did though. Wouldn't want to get on her bad side."

"Yeah same here. I love my hair."

And with that, the two girls went about their business. I couldn't think of anyone in the school who would do something like this. She seemed so innocent and nice.

Phone rings

"John, I'm outside and ready to go home." Lauren said obviously tired

"Hold on I still need to go to my locker." I said starting to walk faster

"Well I don't want to wait." She whined

"Then just go!" I exclaimed

"Fine!"

Hangs up

I ignored the previous phone call and started to slow my pace to my original one. The farther I walked, the more the air smelled of bleach.

"Hey watch it. Don't want to get your shoes wet." The janitor said putting an arm out in front of me to prevent me from going any further. I looked towards the almost empty hallway where my locker sits calling my name.

"But sir my locker is right there." I pointed to my locker which was less than 20 feet away. He shook his head pushing me back further before continuing mopping the floor.

"Was it a smoothie spill that happened here?" I asked my curiosity forming

"Sure was. A nasty one to." I hummed in response backing away and onto the next entrance to the hall. I opened my locker rummaging through my things. Everything was going easy before my locker was suddenly slammed shut and a pissed face followed.

"I've texted you 27 times John. What have you been doing that's more important than me?" Nadia whined folding her arms. It took everything to not roll my eyes at her attitude.

"In case you didn't notice, we're in school. Where you learn and not be on your phones 24/7." I mocked. She huffed out a breathe then clenched her fist

"I just want you to show me attention to John. I know you have an important performance coming up later this month and you're still recovering from your attack but it seems like you never have time for me anymore. Every time I try to spend some time with you, you always push me away or claim your busy. I'm more committed to this relationship than you are right now." Nadia cried. She turned around sobbing lightly into her hands. The more she cried the more I realized how wrong I was being. Out of everything, Nadia was the last thing on my mind

"Your right. I have been selfish about you. Ignoring you for small reasons isn't the way to go. So here is my proposal. If you promise not to cause trouble like the bad girl you are I'll take you out this weekend." I explained. Her head piped up in excitement, curiosity, and relief.

"That sounds amazing. But how did you know I was being bad. Which I wasn't." She quickly covered up. I chuckled pulling her into a tight hug.

"Bad girls get caught. Always remember that"