What Happened To Us?

-Bloody Nora! -Jack exclaimed in surprise as the familiar form of Callum manifested a few centimeters in front of him, -You proper scared me Callum, what are you blummin doing here?

The older boy's face flushed red as he stumbled a few steps back, having not been so close to Jack's face since the last time they kissed on Harmony Hollow all those months ago. -How long has it been, -Callum wondered-, since I've felt his lips on mine?

-Sorry, -Callum sputtered out,- I just, I had to come see you.

-What for? We haven't seen each other in ages now, -Jack quipped,- and I'm kind of in the middle of something.

It was only now that Callum got a good look at Jack, and noticed that he was completely naked. Or rather, he was only wearing normal clothes and no armour. As well, the ominous scarlet light of the Blood Moon shone through the thick canopy of trees above their heads. 

-Well excuse me for wanting to see how you're doing, -Callum spat,- Seeing as how you haven't shown any intention on reaching out to me.

-Whatever, -Callum continued,- Are you mad? You haven't got the slightest bit of armour on and it's a blood moon. Where even are we? 

-I'm trying Joel's No-Armour challenge, I reckon we're quite a ways away from anybody's house. -Jack said,- Now lets get a move on before any mobs find us

-Wait, -Callum stood firmly in front of Jack,- I just want to ask you something.

-Well get on with it, spit it out.-

-Jack... What happened to us?-