I headed upstairs to my room, Sarah had already picked out an outfit for me and put it out on the bed. I quickly wore it, applied a little makeup and topped it off my headscarf and ran downstairs. 

Sarah was already there wearing the same out fit as me leaning against the door, while she gloomily tapped her fingers against her arms. 

"Wow sis, you look great!" She grinned brightly when her eyes fell upon me. 

"Thanks!" I grinned back, "By the way, why are you always late for school but not other stuff?"

"My stress level doesn't allow me to be early."

"Says the person who doesn't even care about her studies." I replied back, rolling my eyes.

"Excuse me, sis I do care." She twirled the side of her hijab dramatically and placed a hand on her heart. She took a sip of water from her water bottle.

"Well, the last time I checked, you had doodles for answers not math equation. Miss smartie!" I challenged, flicking her forehead. 

She choked on her drink and spat it out. "What the hell? How did you know? I mean what the hell? I never did that, you were probably hallucinating. My poor old sister always seeing things weird things." She sighed dramatically, clearly lying.

"Sure sis, whatever you say." I grinned, rolling my eyes. We both got out of the house when my mother came running after us with a camera in hand.

"Girls, say cheese. I  need to take a picture of this VERY moment. " My mom said waving her camera at us gesturing us to lean against the wall.

"Cheese? Where's the cheese?" She still treated us like kids when I was almost eighteen.

"CHEESE!" Sarah yelled, flashing her dimpled grin.

"Okay girls have a fine time." My mom said kissing both of our foreheads.

"Okay mom." we both said nonchalantly. 

"So Sarah, where are you taking me?" I asked curiously as she dragged me the entire way with extreme excitement.

"To the mall, of course." She answered cheerfully. To be honest we looked like twins wearing the same outfit. But our eyes were the main source that differentiated us; she had onyx eyes and I had oceanic ones.

"Sis, what do you want for your birthday?" She squealed. The thought of my mom popped in my head, she thinks I'll be seperated soon. What does that mean?

"To be with my little sis for the rest of my life." I smiled making her giggle.

She dragged me to the nearest shops so she could buy me a ring. Apparently in her theory we should wear similar rings permanently so we can remember each other often.  Weird right? Well after all... she's my weird little sister.

"Wear it?" she commanded holding a ring in front of my face.

"Mhmm." 

"Okay, it's pure silver its never going to get ruined or fade away." She said inspecting it closely. Before I knew it, she quickly bought it and slid it on my finger. "With this you can remember me for the rest of your life." She gave an sincere smile.

Before I could say anything more, I was being dragged by her again to the next store when I bumped into a familiar figure, a slender women with pink scarf. She abrupty turned around and hugged me as soon as she realized who I was.

"Hajara." A familiar voice said. 

"Aunt Mariam." I hugged my her, she was my mom's older sister and also my dad's brothers wife. "Aunty!" I breathed giving her the longest and bone- crushing hug ever, clearly not even caring about my surroundings. When I pulled away I noticed that Sarah wasn't there anymore, she probably was still in the store and never noticed me leaving her side. 

I loved my aunt, she's the sweetest and craziest person in my family after Sarah of course. "Happy birthday, dear! I was going to come over to your house today but since you are already here, here's your present!" She said handing me a gift bag that contained a bracelet and makeup box. 

"Thanks!" I replied hugging her again, we were suddenly interrupted by manly figure who began clearing their throat breaking us apart. I looked up to see the guy that I bumped into the other day at school standing right beside my aunt. Yeah, I remember his name...Yusuf I think.

"Go away dear, we are having our private conversation." She glared sternly, shooing Yusuf away who just raised his eyebrows before walking away. 

"Sorry about that!" My aunt chuckled nervously. "That's my ... neighbor!" Yeah right! I knew she was lying because my aunt never lied, she stuttered whever she did.

"Suuuure", I rolled my eyes. 

"See you around. I gotta go now." She said in a quick haste leaving me there with Sarah again. There was something fishy that my family is hiding from me. Why was Yusuf there with my aunt?

I'm nervous.

There is certainly something big and mysterious.

Please vote and comment!