p. 01 first day

"Midoriya, calm down! You're going to faint.." I patted him on the back as he leaned over with a nauseated look on his face. He didn't respond, and continued to act like he was about to die.

We were now at the enterance of the high school, and due to Midoriya on the verge of throwing up his breakfast we have been standing here for several minutes now.

He was trying to speak, but with his sputtering and deep breaths it was almost incoherent. I felt bad because I have never been the one to comfort someone, so I am pretty sure I'm not doing the best in this situation.

"H--How ar-e... you not n--ervous..?" Midoriya managed to mutter, and I noticed that he seems to be calming down by each moment. I shrugged, averting my eyes to observe everything around us.

"I can't deny that I'm a little nervous but, it's just school right? No reason to make a big deal about it." I spoke calmly, removing my hand from his back. He had a light blush dusting his cheeks, and he twiddled with his fingers in an anxious gesture. "I guess... you're right.." Midoriya mumbled sheepishly once he pulled himself together.

It was much more sunnier and cheerful than yesterday, with snow-white fluffy cotton-looking clouds scattered across the blue canvas above. Pink petals dusted the school's campus, and I leaned down to twist one in my fingers. A soft smile unconsciously creeped up onto my face towards the soft pink floral leaf.

Midoriya noticed that I took a liking to the pink clusters that settled around on the ground, and he perked up a bit. He started to scoop them up into his palms hurriedly, and I stared at him blankly, blinking.

"What... are you doing?"

He stops at my question, and his face instantly reddens.

"I-I just thought.. you wanted them--!" Midoriya explained, looking at the petals laying against his hands. He looked extremely embarassed, and a small frown was planted on my face by his reaction.

"I.. I do!" I exclaim, trying to reverse the situation. "They bring good memories.. don't you think?" I twisted the small petal between my middle finger and my thunb, a small smile still on my face.

His lips slightly parted, and his eyes widened by an inch. Midoriya almost instantly broke into a wide smile, shaking his head quickly. "Y-Yeah! Plus, they're really p-pretty...!" He added as he scooped up a dozen more and held them to his chest, and I noticed we recieved a few weird looks from students passing by. Most of them looked older, perhaps third-years.

I didn't notice the strange reaction from him before he smiled.

"They are very pretty." I agreed as I pulled myself up from my squatting position. I swung my backpack around to open it, pulling out two maps of the school. "You need one so you can get to your classes.. I still need to go to the principal for my schedule and all." I stated as I looked up at him, waving around the two maps in my hands.

"Ah..! Tha-aa--n--" Midoriya tried to thank, but he started stuttering. He immediately squeezed his eyes shut, and I looked at him worriedly. I placed my hand on his shoulder, softly patting it. "Are you about to throw up again..? Do we already need to go to the nurse..?" I asked, and he didn't reply. Each second I grew more concerned.

Midoriya inhaled sharply, a smile breaking out onto his face as he relaxed. "Y-Yeah I'm okay! Just thought I was going to snee--"

He hiccups, and immediately let's out a large "achoo." I flinched at the abrupt action, stepping back by a step.

It was quiet for a moment, until I hear Midoriya start apologizing rapidly. By esch passing second, it sounded like he talking even faster than before. He started to flail his arms around until he finally settled to twist them around his head.