Stuck Babysitting

Start from the beginning

"Good morning. You're certainly up early."

You hear L say while you put on your housecoat, and he picks the baby up from his cot and bringing him out to the living room.

You then walk out to see your husband holding the small child, looking out the window while he points out cars and birds down on the streets to look at.

It surprised you. Since last night, it was a complete 180. Not only did he warm up to the baby enough to hold him and feed him, he was actually involving himself on his own accord, and actually seemed to be enjoying doing so. You silently watch as he holds the child in his tiny onesie, and see him smile up at your husband before he makes a happy baby noise, causing you to almost melt.

"Good morning."

You smile while you make your way to the kitchen, and he gently puts the baby down on the mat in the living room before helping you get organized.

After giving the baby some applesauce and a drink for breakfast (and having to clean him up like he just had been in a food fight, how did babies make such a mess just eating two things?!), you get a small container of cheerios before pouring a few out on the coffee table in the living room, turning on the kids channel on the TV. While he was distracted for a little while, you make some breakfast and coffee for you and L, and your husband sits down at the dining room table while he pulls his laptop out, resuming the usual daily routine of doing some work in the morning. Not long after he starts this, the baby crawls over, managing to pull himself up to standing using the support of L's chair before insisting on being picked up by him. You found it hilarious how much of a liking he seemed to take to your husband.

The routine stayed pretty similar over the next two nights, and by the last night you were with him, you two were pros. By seven o' clock, you had the baby fed, bathed, changed, and asleep, glad you two made such a great team when it came to taking care of kids.

Flopping into bed, you sigh as you stretch, appreciating down time more since you had such a hands on job all day. L joins a few moments later, pulling you into his chest while he sighs. After a few moments, he pulls you a little closer, and begins giving you soft kisses while his hand traces your waist. Accepting the gesture, you link your arms around his shoulders while his lips trace to your neck, while you both get a little more heated. Before long, you feel him shift over to be more on top of you, and his hand just begins to creep up your shirt while he softly kisses your lips. before things can progress any further, you hear movement in the other room, and the baby making some noise.

"Ughh...."

L groans, and you laugh lightly before getting up.

"Only one more night to get through sweetheart."

You laugh, venturing to the other room before you pick him up.

"What's wrong?"

You ask, bouncing him lightly before he quiets down a little, not long after getting him to sleep. Luckily, he stayed that way for the rest of the night, giving you and L the small amount of time you needed together.

The next morning, you do the same routine, but get a text from your friend, saying she was on her way, making you realize you completely forgot that the day already came. After packing everything up quickly, you tell L, and he looks up, slightly surprised.

"Shes coming now?"

L asks, while he holds the baby's hands to let him try and walk and bounce around, lifting him up to let him jump higher than he normally could.

"Yep, she should be here in about ten minuets. I have to say, I'm gunna miss the little guy."

You say, and L pouts a little.

"I didn't know she would be coming so soon."

He frowns, and you laugh a little.

"Warmed up to him a bit too have you?"

You ask, and he sighs while he finally lets him down, and walks over.

"Yes. Admittedly I liked minding him. It was a nice change of pace."

He says, and you smile while you hold his hand.

"Well..."

You begin, but just as you do, you hear the doorbell ring.

"Oh, shes earlier than I thought."

You say, and pick up her child before answering the door.

"Mama!"

The baby says as as soon as the door was opened, reaching out to your friend.

"Hi sweetheart, were you good?"

She asks, and you smile before you look over to the living room.

"He was really well behaved. We already have everything packed up for you, so you're all set to go when you want."

You say, and pass over the baby while you turn to get everything.

"He wasn't too much trouble was he?"

She asks, and you shake your head before you smile softly.

"No, not at all. We actually had fun minding him, so call us anytime if you need."

You say, while L puts down the bag with everything in it, seemingly a little sad. After saying your goodbyes, the door was closed, and you and L had the apartment to yourselves for the first time in almost 4 days. Oddly enough, it felt kind of...Empty.

"Awe. I actually really liked that kid."

L sighs, obviously dissapointed he had to say goodbye so soon. Knowing what he was slightly thinking, you walk to your room before stretching.

"Don't get any ideas yet."

You laugh, looking toward him. But it got you thinking a bit. He was super good with a baby, and you couldnt help but think about what your own would be like. But...That wasnt something to be considering quite yet, given you only babysat for three days.

Maybe sometime in the future though, because you knew the idea was definetly in L's head.

~♡~