Stuck Babysitting

Start from the beginning

"Hello."

He says, probably not sure at all how to react. The baby then shifts a little in your arms, and leans more towards L while he stops drinking for a minuet, reaching out.

"I think he wants you to hold him."

You say, slightly amused at your husband's surprised expression.

"What? But...I don't know how to hold a baby."

He says, and you laugh lightly before you pass him over.

"It's not that hard."

You smile, slightly showing him how to do it. Once he had the baby in his gentle arms, you could almost see him cracking.

"Mmuh-"

He babbles, reaching for the bottle again.

"Wow..He really was hungry."

You say, while L gently gives it to him, seemingly almost afraid to hurt the tiny child. After a minuet or two, and while he gets used to it, you see him actually smile gently while he shifts his arms ever so slightly.

"He certainly is....Cute, I suppose. When he's not fussing and crying, that is."

He says, and you laugh lightly as you lean into his shoulder. Not long after, the baby pushes the bottle away, and L looks down.

"Are you all done?"

He gently asks, and softly brings him up before patting his back, relaxing more as he fully gets used to holding the small child. Once burped, L brings him back down and lays him on his perched knees while the baby smiles and begins to get a two am burst of energy after eating, wiggling around and shoving his hand into his mouth while he babbles incoherently.

"Oh no. You're not keeping us up any longer. I'm getting you to sleep whether you like it or not."

He says, quickly giving him the pacifier before holding him properly, running a finger on his free hand down the bridge of that tiny nose. Still quite energetic, the small child smiles more, making noise still while L continued.

"Shh shh...."

He hushes, continuing to gently draw his finger down from the forehead to the tip of his nose. After not long at all, his tiny movements begin to slow, and his eyelids close as L continues to hush him softly, making sure he was asleep before stopping.

"There we go."

He whispers, slipping out of bed and putting the baby in his cot that you set up just in the office attached to your bedroom. When he returns, he snuggles up next to you before he kisses you softly.

"Wow...L, you're...Really good with kids."

You say, and he looks up, seemingly surprised.

"Am I?"

He asks, and you shift a little, putting yourself in his arms.

"Yea. Like really good. Are you sure you've never babysat before?"

"Not once."

He answers, and you lie down while L does so as well, pulling you close.

"But I'll be honest. Not much makes me tired, but that kid did the job."

He sighs, and you laugh before you kiss his cheek.

"Then feel free to get some rest love..We'll probably need it for tomorrow."

You say, before closing your eyes and trying to get some rest.

~♡~

The next morning, you wake up at around seven, and yawn as you stretch, immediately dragging yourself from bed. Normally you would have been able to sleep in, but babysitting a one year old was a twenty four hour job, and you could already hear L over in the other room.