Your Birthday // Mature

Start from the beginning

He says, and before you could protest he had whisked you out the door.

On the drive there, you couldnt help but be super excited while you look out the window. Once you were at the large building by the ocean, you jump out of the car and almost drag your boyfriend inside, probably more hyped than half the little kids there.

Once you get your admission and get in the main building, you look around to the decorative fish tanks all around the area. Picking up a map from a small information stand, you see that the place was huge, only making you more excited while L watched you with a small smile.

Starting small, you both make your way to the main viewing area, where fish tanks stretched to the ceiling and had millions of coral and ocean life in it. Looking in, you see schools of fish swimming gracefully along, angel fish, some star fish, a few puffers, as well as blue tangs and clownfish hiding in anemones all along the coral and rocks in the exhibit.

"L, look at this! They've put all the fish from Nemo together, isn't that cute?"

You smile, and he looks in as well as he smiles softly, placing his hand gently on your back.

"That, or all the fish from that movie were tropical ones that all share a habitat."

He says, and you laugh lightly as you walk by the huge tank.

"Yea, you're probably right. But it's still adorable to think about."

You say, and he gives you a look that said 'you know I always am', before you keep walking together.

The first exhibit you actually ended up seeing was the open ocean, in which they had huge tanks with everything from tiny krill to sea turtles and some pretty large fish. It was amazing to see everything that lived in just a part of the ocean, and just how much life there was. One of the tanks even had an entire sunken boat in it for display, where it showed how sea life takes over a wreck and makes it a home for themselves.

After seeing that, the reptile exhibit was next. It was really cool to look at, but so hot and humid inside. You got to see a lot of cool tropical and swamp animals which L was quite interested in looking at, and you even got to hold a fairly large snake that was being showed to guests by one of the trainers. While you enjoyed holding the snake (that the trainer told you was a female ninia snake named Nagini) L touched it and pat its head a little, but absolutely refused to hold it for himself.

"Why not? She's a sweetheart, look at her cute little eyes and her snoot."

You say, while the snake twists around your arm and holds her head above your wrist, flicking a thin tongue out a few times while you gently stroked her back.

"I like to look, but not hold."

He says, and you laugh lightly as you pass the snake back to her trainer, stroking her sleek body a few more times while she lazily slithers onto her trainers shoulder.

"I think someone's just scared."

You tease, and thank the trainer before continuing to walk through the humid tropical section of the aquarium. There were many more tree frogs to see, two sloths named Poppy and Sebastian which you cood over for awhile, an absolutely massive anaconda, and a few turtles and alligators as well.

After walking through, you end up back in the huge main room of the building and look at the small map you had as you hold your boyfriends hand, slowing down by the information on the tropical animals while L read them absently.

"Oh! Let's go see the deep sea exhibit next!"

You say, and he looks over before letting a small smile creep across his pale lips.