02; The Funny Guy's Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

Tris walked next to Clary and whispered. "Clary, these people have swords that light up and say that demons are real, do you really think they could forget about some circle mark?"

Clary glared up at the brunette girl. Tris raised her hands in mock defense. "What? I'm just acting like I'm here for this bullshit, but really, I'm just waiting to go home and eat some food."

"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" Tyler asked, pulling Tris back to his side, next to the tall boy, so she doesn't irritate anyone.

"All we know is a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunters got killed including my father. And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle," Jace explained.

"But, how is that even possible? It's your history," Clary frowned.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter?" Jace scoffed.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. And now the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, I'm-There's got to be someone out there who can tell us why they've taken my mother."

Tris groaned quietly, making Tyler smile and he wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder. Something that did not go unnoticed by Jace, who set his jaw. Tris really didn't hate Clary. The two never got along much. It was just the way the red head was and her personality when they first met till now.

"There is," Jace grumbled. "You coming?"

Clary and Simon both followed him, but he stopped Simon. "No, no, no. Not you."

"Hey, we're a package deal," Clary exclaimed. Tris stopped herself from laughing.

'Package deal,' she thought, who would even say that?

"Yeah," Simon agreed quietly.

"There are runes all over the training room floor that would kill your mundie boyfriend," Jace said, pointing to the training room.

"He's not my-"

"I'm not, like-"

"We're, uh, just friends," Simon stuttered.

"Best friends," Clary corrected.

Tris laughed quietly, before saying in a deep tone, "Friendzoned."

The tall boy beside her cracked a smile, so did his sister, while Tyler laughed loudly.

"Yeah, and I'm tough." Simon shared a look with his sister. "I can handle runes. So, uh, bring on the runes. . .What exactly are runes?"

"They give Shadowhunters our demon-fighting powers," the black haired girl smirked, running the long, slender, twig-like object through one of her marks, making it shine.

"So hot," Simon drooled. Tris cleared her throat loudly, making Simon look at her, before looking at the raven haired girl again. "The rune," he corrected himself.

"Don't worry, Clary," the girl smirked. "I'll watch over the best friend. In fact, I was about to make breakfast."

"On second thought, the runes might be less lethal," Jace smiled.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that," the raven haired girl smiled. "Please excuse my brother's lack of manners. This is Alec," she pointed to the tall boy, who was standing next to Tris. "And I'm Isabelle."

Isabelle extended her hand for him to kiss, but Simon shook it instead. "Lewis. Simon, Simon Lewis. Two first names. Am I still talking?"

Isabelle giggled and looked at Tyler and Tris. "Oh, Tristen Lewis, but call me Tris," the Lewis girl introduced herself.