Chapter Three

Feel The Heat

Día's POV

"Chase?" I asked confused and before he could talk, I ran off running towards the house. My room wasn't too high so I could make the jump. When I'm close and far enough away I jump. I love feeling the wind pass through my curls. Before I know it, I am back in my room. Safe!

Safe from what? Jaz asks

Chase!

Why would we need to be safe Chase, he's our mate! She screams.

I know, I know but if he's our mate how come why haven't smelled him before?! Why hasn't he smelled us before? How come we haven't felt the bond before? We grew up together for Goddess's sake. Why wouldn't she let us know before today? She knew our pain Jaz, HELL even his pain and still nothing! I shout at her.

My head is throbbing from all our yelling put I can't say this out loud. Even whispering is dangerous, because of damn werewolf hearing and the fact that there are too many people in this damn house.

I don't know, Dia! I don't know but we know now! Why did you run! We have been looking for mate and he was right there, and you ran! Why?!

I don't know, Jaz! It was Chase! Freaking Chase! Chase can't be our mate! He's with Izzy. They have been together forever! I like Izzy, her and Chase are in love. I can't be the one to ruin that!

SHUT UP! Jaz screams so loud. He is out mate! It is not ruining things if he is our mate! We deserve him! He was made for us! Izzy has her own mate out there! They may be in love, but it is nothing compared to our mate bond! You shouldn't have run! Go back, go back to mate!

I can't damn it! I have loved Chase all my life, I had hoped he was my mate but now that he is. I don't know! It feels weird! I admit to her but more to myself.

I know, Dia but he is our mate, our mate. The Moon Goddess created him just for us. He is ours. Go to him tomorrow talk it out! Don't run, Dia please for me!

You're right, I know you're right! This is good. My mate is the Alpha of my pack, I won't have to leave my family or my friends! I won't have to go traveling looking for him. Maybe he and Mason can come with Summer and I and we can look for their mates. It could be fun and then when we come back, he, Mason and I can take our new positions. Yeah, I love that. You're right, Jaz, you're always right.

I know, I am. I usually am! I'm the smarter one.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

And for the first time, I fell asleep with a smile on my face. I had a mate! My mate was Chase Alfa, Jr. I had my very own Alpha!

In what felt like seconds, I was jolted awake. My skin was on fire and my throat felt so dry. I couldn't even swallow! I see Jaz in my mind, and she is actually on fire. Scared I call out to her!

Jaz, Jazmine, what's happening to us!

HEAT!

Oh shit! Heat why didn't I think of that! When a female werewolf meets her mate, she has only 72 hrs. before she goes into heat! Heat is this feeling of intense arousal for female wolves! It believed to be created so mates can't reject each other. The heat gives of just a sweet smell that no unmated male wolf can deny, it is an especially pungent smell for that female's mate. The only way to completely stave the first heat is to mate with your mate and be marked!

Oh god! I intense pain shot through my body! I look at my phone its 5 in the fucking morning. I don't wanna mate with Chase yet, we haven't worked out what's going on. I'll just have to ride this out alone. If anyone finds out I'm in heat, they'll know I met my mate and I am not ready for the conversation yet. Not until I talk to Chase and we accept each other.