Chapter 11

"I need to borrow your house." Diana yelled to Nichole.

"Lying gets you nowhere in life." Was her simple reply.

"A lecture is the last thing I need right now Martin!" She spoke directly into the microphone and quickly composed herself as the quaint coffee shop was disturbed by her outburst.

"Fine, but this conversation isn't over. He will find out eventually you know. What if Mark and Ross Sterling are business enemies? You'll be fired on the spot, he'll think you're a spy heck if he finds out you're living in a mansion as his wife consider your future employability void. It will be the end-"

Diana had her mobile phone in a death grip. "Okay I get it, thank you for your wise words Nichole, will you help me or not?" She didn't mean to sound bitter, but the truth was hard hitting and she wasn't prepared to hear it right now.

She could hear Nichole mutter something on the other line before letting out a huge sigh. "Alright, whatever."

Diana sighed in relief. "Thank you."

She hugged her body tight to fight off the cold, her hot cup of coffee already finished. Impatiently she looked for a sleek black limo with 'ROSS' plastered on the number plate. He wasn't late, she was just really early.

"Mrs. Montgomery?" A voice boomed through the dense crowd outside the coffee shop.

She wanted the ground to swallow her whole.

His huge body took up the whole entrance into the cafe and without a care in the world he began to bellow her name. Completely unaware of the deep booming tone of his voice.

"Mrs Montgomery!" He yelled once again, she considered waiting until he got tired and simply went back to his car so she could slyly slip out but Ross was not one to give up after three strikes.

She stood up hoping to keep up her dissociation with Ross Sterling however it was futile as he continued to shout out her name, yet to notice her average sized frame in the corner of the cafe.

"This man" she muttered to herself before grabbing her bag and descending the steps to greet Ross who gave her a smile of 'about time'.

"Where were you? I've been calling your name for the past 20 minutes." Even this simple interaction attracted attention from other customers, she decided not to call him out on his exaggeration and instead gave him a small red cheeked smile.

"Bathroom."

He simply gave a sigh and led her into the familiar sleek black car where Andrew was sitting at the driver's seat. Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. "Decided the exercise would do you good?" She asked humorously.

Ross gave her his own look of confusion recalling the toned features of his body which had received much female and media attention. Diana's eyes coolly moved between him and Andrew before realisation set in. He gave an uneasy laugh. "Something like that."

She laughed too and they both seemed to give each other an uncertain smile and suddenly both found themselves unable to look away from the other. Ross saw an opportunity to confirm his fantasies and be rid of the thoughts of his secretary which continued to plague his mind. He leaned in with the anticipation of finally having a taste of the one women he had been unable to have till now, and she didn't move away. His arm reached up and he moved to caress her blushing face, the same face which haunted his dreams. She was within his grasp he thought to himself and he would not allow her to slip away. Noticing an illuminating mark on the car seat refelcted by the window, he squinted and realised it was from the big diamond on Diana's ring finger. It was a slap in the face and suddenly overcome with a  feeling of immorality he changed his path. Feigning to lock her side of the door before completley pulling away.