January 6th, 19BBY

Dear Diary,

Ugh! Just when I thought Anakin was gonna come home, BAM! Another job!!! While I was speaking with the Chancellor, there was an incoming message on his halo screen. It was Anakin...

Chancellor: I beg you're pardon M'lady, but I've been waiting on a message from someone for a while, I must take it.

Me: Of course. Take your time.

Chancellor: Greetings General Skywalker. I'm glad you were able to contact me.

Anakin: Of course Your Excellency. Is there something I can do for you?

I was in shock to see the image of Anakin appear before me, but my eyes still lit up...

Me: Anakin!?!

The little blue Anakin spun around. His eyebrows rose quizzingly...

Anakin: Padme? I- I- mean, Senator Amidala. I didn't realize you were... uh, hello Senator.

He bowed respectfully and I smiled in spite of the awkward grin that crossed his face...

Me: Hello General Skywalker. It's good to see you.

Anakin: And you as well, M'lady.

Chancellor: *coughs*

Anakin: Oh, my apologies Chancellor. What is it you wished to speak to me about?

Chancellor: I just wanted to know if you had finished your business on Felucia.

Anakin: I'm happy to say we have...

I heard the relief in his voice, but although his eye contact with Palpatine held, his voice seemed to be speaking more to me...

Anakin: I'll be arriving on Coruscant in a few hours.

Chancellor: Splendid! You're not in the gravitational pull yet. I need you to deliver a personal message to the Senator of Dankayo. I need him to meet with me but his planet doesn't believe in using technology to communicate. They find it... insulting.

Anakin: Umm, Dankayo?

Anakin and I's hearts seemed to drop at the same time. Another job.

Anakin: Are you sure you want me to deliver the message? I'm sure Master Kenobi is more informed of Dankayo customs than I. I wouldn't want to offend anyone...

Chancellor: Nonsense. I've spoken of you with many popular leaders on Dankayo. You're somewhat of a celebrity around the galaxy.

Anakin: Yes Your Excellency.

Anakin sighed in annoyance. I couldn't tell if was because of his reminder that he had become the Poster Boy of the Republic, or because he was another job away from coming home. Maybe it was both...

Chancellor: Splendid. You are dismissed.

Anakin: Thank you Chancellor.

Just before the figure of Anakin disappeared, he turned around and winked at me...

Anakin: My apologizes Senator. I didn't mean to interrupt. Good day...

Despite my bitter attitude that I had after hearing that my husband wouldn't be home for a few more days, I smiled. It's hard not to smile when I speak to him.

Me: Don't worry General Skywalker, you weren't interrupting anything. It was a pleasure seeing you...

With that, the picture faded out and I was left to speak to Palpatine. "Now, what did you need to speak to me about?" He asked informally. With the thought of Anakin's gorgeous grin still on my mind, my train of thought blurred. "Umm... I was just wanting to know if... that..." Realizing I had forgotten my purpose for coming, I sputtered out an answer, "Has that Bill passed on Alderaan yet?" As I prayed that my question made sense, Palpatine nodded plainly, "Yes, it has. Good day M'lady."

Aaaaghhhh! Why does Anakin have to be so distracting? If only he wasn't so handsome, and if his eyes weren't so... mesmerizing... See? There I go again!

Love, Mrs. Skywalker + 1 that is getting very heavy!