Chapter 3: Sheer Heart Attack

Start from the beginning

Yebin let out a small huff, as she nudged Hanui's side with her foot.

"You're an absolute mess right now," the short haired girl uttered when she got her attention.

Hanui unplugged the headphones from her laptop, just as she clambered into a sitting position. "Oh my god, Yebin, you have to check them out! They made their debut yesterday and today they legit just put out a second song! They're both so, so good!" A bright smile pulled at her pink lips. "I think I know which one of the two you'd like more!"

Finally, she turned the laptop's screen so Yebin could get a good view of it. She could read the group's name that popped up in Youtube's search bar... NCT.

"NCT?... Oh! That's the new boy group of SM's that you kept going on and on about for the past couple weeks," Yebin muttered, once the memory served her. "The infinite-member one, right?"

"That's the one!" Hanui chided, the excitement oozing from her voice.

Yebin made a face. "That's pretty ballsy, if you ask me. How can they keep up with so many boys in a group?"

"They're just starting out, so we'll see, silly. They'll have different units where each member could be a part of, but together, they make this one big super group!" Hanui was clearly whipped already. Yebin could see it now, this girl is gonna spend the next few days trying to learn each and every members' personal information, as well as watch their every appearance on shows or whatever... Well, if she already hasn't. "Goodness gracious, they're fantastic! Shall I show you the one I think you like more first or what?"

Yebin hummed in thought. "Show me whatever."

She watched as Hanui clicked on the page. The music video Hanui decided to show her first was called The 7th Sense. The instrumentals from the introduction completely took Yebin by surprise, and she had to admit, she was intrigued by how the music video looked. This wasn't something she was expecting for this new group. Bubblegum pop was what she was listening for, but she got this interesting, smooth, beat-heavy song.

Yebin was captivated.

But then...

She got a glimpse at the boys of the video.

One.

Two.

Three.

Three of them she swore she had seen before, and her heart was suddenly beating fast. Yebin gulped, as she glanced over at her zoned-out friend. "What are these boys names?"

Hanui took the question by surprise. "Omo, interested, are we?" She quipped in a teasing tone. As each member popped up on the screen, the fangirl pointed and told Yebin the names.

It struck her every time she heard the strikingly known names.

"Mhm, this isn't even all the members! Jaehyun, Doyoung, Ten, Taeyong, and Mark are just the start of it. In the other music video I'm going to show you, they have Taeil, too! And another member in the video too, I'm sure!" Hanui chimed in such a rushed babble. She was far too excited while Yebin was far too appalled to match the mood. "How'd you like the first one? Isn't it so unique and cool? It makes your heart race, doesn't it?"

Pretty sure the song isn't the reason my heart is going crazy right now.

Yebin's mind was going back to her conversation with Youngho, back when she accidentally ran into him in the museum. There were even random chats that Youngho would bring up, more in a joking manner, that would confuse her. As the puzzle pieces started to form together in her mind, the more she couldn't believe it. It didn't seem true, right? What her assumptions were at that moment? But more she thought about it... it did make sense.