Ch. 14

Ginny stopped by early that next morning to go with Hermione to the Ministry so they could file their paperwork for their divorces before heading to the Burrow. She didn't want to admit it to Ginny, but Hermione was very nervous to see the Weasleys. She knew she shouldn't have been and that everything was going to be alright, but there was certainly a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that kept bothering her.

"'Mione, I can tell you're nervous," Ginny said finally, looking over at her friend. "What are you overthinking?"

"Oh, the usual," Hermione answered as they walked to the front entrance. "Just that your parents will hate me for leaving Ron."

Ginny shook her head and sighed. "I suppose that won't go away until you actually talk to them about it?"

"Probably not."

They stepped outside and Ginny immediately disapparated the two of them, landing in the field surrounding the Burrow. Hermione looked up at the large, precariously built house and couldn't help but smile. They had rebuilt it after the fire and the new house still had all of the charm from before that Hermione loved.

"Come on!"

Ginny was already waiting for her at the front door and Hermione quickly caught up, her stomach a bundle of nerves. It was mostly just because she wasn't quite sure what to expect and her mind was coming up with every possible situation that could happen, but as they entered the Burrow she took a deep breath and tried to push all of those thoughts away.

"Mum, we're here!" Ginny called out as she took off her sweater.

There was an excited sound and then they watched as Molly eagerly made her way out of the kitchen to where they were and she immediately embraced Hermione tightly.

"Oh, it's so good to see you again!" She exclaimed, pulling back and giving Hermione a warm smile. "You've been gone for far too long! And your hair!"

She reached up and touched Hermione's short hair with the largest smile on her face. "I like this! It's a very cute look for you!"

"Thank you!" Hermione smiled in return. "And I'm so sorry that I haven't visited recently! Work had been very stressful lately and I just haven't found the time!"

"It's perfectly fine, dear; no need to apologize!" Molly patted her arm reassuringly and then gave Ginny a hug before leading the girls into the kitchen. "It's just us girls today; Arthur's out helping George with a new display at the shop."

"I was wondering why it was so quiet," Ginny said as she sat down at the table.

"Yes, it's been somewhat nice; I've actually been able to get some housework done!"

The three of them laughed at that and Hermione sat down opposite of Ginny, looking around the kitchen. She was always amazed by how warm the house felt after everything. Molly had even started putting up pictures, but when she saw the one of her and Ron on their wedding day, she cringed and looked away.

"So," Molly started slowly as she looked back at Hermione. "Harry told me that you and Ron have separated."

Hermione nodded with a sigh. "After what he did, I just can't stay with him."

"And what did he do?" Molly asked curiously. "Harry said it was serious but he decided that it would be best if you were the one to explain and I haven't heard at all from Ron."

"Well..." Hermione faltered and looked over at Ginny for support. Ginny simply nodded and squeezed her hand reassuringly, and Hermione looked back up. "Harry and I caught Ron with my assistant in his office on Monday."