Chapter 30 - The Offer

Start from the beginning

His body immediately reacted. His manhood was suddenly aroused in anticipation and longing. He was so fvcking hard, he wanted to ravish her right then and there.

He was suddenly faced with another terrifying fact. He might not love her anymore but his desire for her was overwhelming.

He immediately fished his phone from his pocket and dialled Clarence's number.

"Clarence, we are here at the entrance. Sunduin mo kami," he said when his Chevalier answered his call.

Steffanine should have run away already. Dapat ay kanina pa siyang umalis. But she just remained frozen as she watched him call his Chevalier.

A beautiful black sedan suddenly stopped in front of them.

"May I ask, my lady if she could accompany me for a late night coffee," Gareth said as he lead her through his car.

Nag-aalinlangan siya. Why would he invite her? He hated her. She could still that flicker of anger in his eyes he looked at her.

But this time, the anger mirrored in his amber eyes was coupled with lust. She knew how he looked at her every time they made love in the past. He looked at her like a precious and fragile porcelain. But now, he looked at her like she was somehow his prey and he wanted to completely devour her.

"C'mon now sweetheart. Don't you want to talk? For old time sakes?" he said.

Biglang niyang naalala ang pangako sa sarili. She wanted to have a closure with him. She wanted to be finally free of the past. Ayaw na niya nang may dinadalang pait sa kanyang puso. Gareth had been a part of her life. And no matter how she tried to belittle it, their moments together was the best time of her life.

She needed to move on. And the way she saw it, Gareth needed to move on as well. At mangyayari lamang iyong kung pareho silang mag-uusap.

So with good faith, sumama siya dito.

Total silence engulfed the cramped space inside Gareth's car. Tahimik lamang si Steff at hindi nagsasalita. Pinagmamasdan niya ito the whole time. It seemed that he cannot took his eyes off her. She was simply ethereal and beautiful.

 She was staring blankly outside, waring may malalim itong iniisip.

"After all this years, huh, we're finally face to face."

She gave her a look that could pass for an Ice Queen.

"We just met the other day, your highness." She reminded her.

His memories flew to that very moment. There he was at the Winter's Ball, flustered at the sight of her. She was very beautiful. The pictures in the magazine did not do her justice. Suddenly, he was rendered immobile and speechless. She was beyond anything he could ever imagine. But his fantasy came crumbling down when he saw her with Tristan. All of the things that had happened in the past came back to him.

So with a raging anger in his heart, he did something that he had regretted.

Ramdam pa rin niya ang magkabilang sampal na binigay nito. He admitted that his actions were uncalled for. But he couldn't prevent himself. He was jealous of seeing him with his brother. He was jealous that Steffanie chose Tristan over him.

"We are here, your highness," Clarence said. Doon naputol ang kanyang pag-iisip sa mga bagay-bagay ng nakaraan.

Apparently, they finally arrived at the Boreas Palace.

Steffanie was observing the whole place. She was inside a room grander than a hotel. It was the epitome of the word luxury.

"This is my bedroom," Gareth said.