Chapter 30 - The Offer

Steffanie did not know what to do. She was fully disoriented on the things that were happening around her.

It was dark, very, very dark. Wala siyang makitang kahit na ano. But she did not worry on her surroundings. Sanay na siya sa ganoon. She was legally blind after all. What worried her was the man who was dragging her out of the place.

Gareth was firmly holding her hand as he led her to only god knows where.

"Don't worry I'll bring you to safety," he softly said amidst the chaos.

Dumagundong ang dibdib niya sa kaba. His voice sent some unknown yet very familiar sensation in her body. Napapakit na lamang siya habang nagpapaubaya dito.

Sabi nito'y dadalhin niya ito sa isang ligtas na lugar. But could she believe him? After all of those things that had happened between them? After all the heartaches?

She was having an internal turmoil in her insides. Nagtatalo ang puso at ang utak niya. Part of her wanted to trust her, like she did before. But part of her reminded her of those hideous things that he had done.

But despite everything, heto siya't nagpapaubaya pa rin dito.

A fear like no other groped Gareth's heart. Nang mamatay ang ilaw kanina, he immediately went towards Steff. Hindi niya alam kung bakit but it seemed that his body got a mind of its own.

He immediately responded to the sudden shift of danger around them. When he heard the explosion, his feral instinct rose. He wanted to protect her. He wanted to save her.

Somehow a feeling of nostalgia beckoned on him. Naalala niya ang multo ng nakaraan, those days when he was still his knight in shining armor, those days when he was nothing but a fool to her.

He dragged her out of the place. All of their issues could wait. Ang mahalaga'y makalabas sila ng maayos sa lugar na iyon.

The whole place was cramped by evacuating people. Everyone screamed and panicked. It was pure chaos.  Nahirapan siya sa paghahanap ng exit. His small flashlight was no help at all.

Nag-aalala siya kay Steffanie. He wanted to deny it but he simply couldn't ignore this anymore. There was still this small part in him that cared for her.

He felt a sudden confusion with this realization. Love was definitely out of the question. He did not love her anymore. Baka awa ang nararamdaman niya. Yup. Tama. Awa na lamang ang nadarama niya para dito. He pitied her and that's it.

Agad niyang naaninaw ang pinto palabas. A feeling of relief finally enveloped him. Sa wakas, wala na sila sa peligro.

"Please let go of my hand," came Steff's soft whisper.

He looked at her, she was looking down. Waring naaasiwa sa ayos nilang dalawa. He immediately examined her.

She was wearing the most hideous dress ever created. It showed more than it should cover. Ni wala nang iniwan sa imahinasyon ang tabas ng damit.

Nagtagis ang mga ngipin niya. He slowly let go of her hand. Their small proximity sent static in his system. He once again felt the softness of her skin. She was definitely more beautiful.

Agad niyang hinubad ang suot na coat. He gently put the coat over her shoulders.

"It's cold, sweetheart."

He still cannot prevent himself from saying that endearment to her.

He inhaled her scent. She smelled like the sweetest and freshest flowers. He was suddenly addicted to her smell. He wanted to more of her. He wanted to do more to her. His imagination began to run wild. He pictured her naked body in his mind. He imagined the sound of her moans as he drove himself deeper inside her.