He took her hand, held it up to his lips she faced him. 'These hands are mine to hold.'' Look me in the eyes, tell me you don't see that. Feel that? Forget about potions, games, whatever you had in your head about me, let it go. For the right here and now, we are Lucas and Andie, just me and you, here under the moon in the garden, is there anywhere else in the world you would rather be, is there anyone else you would choose to be with? If you tell me yes, I will never speak another word of this. I give you my word My Lady.''

Her was melting her heart, he was so beautiful in the moonlight, with his hair golden and eyes sparkling blue, his face helpless as he looked at her. She felt his hand trembling as he held hers. This powerful creature at her mercy. Me ordinary Andie. How badly she wanted to give in.

''You are very hard to resist, I want everything you say to be true, I am just so afraid it wont be real, one day it will be gone. Then what?'' She tried to take her hand away, he held it, pulled it to his heart, awkwardly stepped forward, closer to her. Fumbling like a young boy kissing a girl for the first time. He nudged her lips, pressing his lightly to hers. The rush was overwhelming to him, he had grabbed her, holding her to him, still gentle with his lips. Letting out a soft gasp that came from deep inside him.

''Give me a chance, I beg you, don't turn me away. I feel it, you feel it. This has never happened to me before. Has it happened for you? She shook her head no. "Then Don't take this away from us.' He stepped away from her and got down on one knee. "I kneel before you as a man, I give you my word, my honor, I love you Andie. I will never stop."

She did not know what to do, she smiled, then cried. He kissed her hand, She took her free hand and touched his hair, moving it away from his face. She felt like a princess and he was her beautiful prince. He stood, lifted her off the ground and into the window, back into the hall then down to where he settled for sleep.

In his lair was his bed, the room was dark, well furnished. Sealed in from the light. He had a candle burning, throwing shadows on him. He would not dare touch her the way he wanted to. He wanted her to want him, he would wait, he only wanted to hold her as he slept.

''Stay with me, sleep here, in my arms. I wont touch you. I promise, not until you want me to Andie. Would you stay with me?''

She let him put her in his bed, dressed in her gown. He removed his shirt and left on his jeans. They lay together, he loved the feel of her hair as it fell across his bare chest, falling down around him. He thought he could keep his word and not touch her in any way other than gentle touches. His heart finally content.

Andie lay awake as he slept, feeling safe in his arms yet terrified being so caught up in him. How was this real, the beautiful vampire, supposed to be a brutal killer, yet so helpless over her. She let the thought go as she slid into sleep.

Lucas dreamed, he was soaring, high into the clouds soaking in the moon. The light soft and reflecting on his skin, his pale, green scaled skin. 'What is this?' He looked at his hands in horror. I am a monster, he touched his face, it sloughed away falling off him, scaled skin, stuck to his fingers.

'No, No, this cant be, what is happening to me?' He tore through the sky, headed to the ground, towards the crowds of people that were out and about, shopping, dining or out for a stroll through the city. He walked among them, past them, all eyes staring. Some gasping in horror others looking away fast. His hands in his pockets, head down. Suddenly he was a monster, not a man adored for his beauty.

He walked into a corner bar, sat and hid his face, the lovely girl came to ask what he needed, it was Andie, she didn't know him, looking at his face with disgust.

'Andie. Its me Lucas, Anide do you not know me?"

''Sorry, but I don't know you, how do I know you? Are you ok? You look sick.' She said to him.

''Andie, think, its me. Where is Davis? Is he here?"

''No, are you a friend of his? I am sorry, but I don't remember you, I apologize. You don't look so good, maybe you should go." She said backing away from him.

''You need her blood.'' Came a whispering voice beside him, a woman's voice, one he knew.

He turned and saw the well hidden face behind the big curls and hood.

''Sloane, what did you do to me?'' He said grabbing her arm.

''Hey look buddy, you cant come in here all messed up like this and start grabbing people, I am afraid I have to ask you to leave." Said a nervous Andie.

This got the attention of the others in the bar, a few locals sitting close by. Selene grinning, her teeth glowing like shards of glass in the sun. He let her go.

''I am sorry." He said to Andie. "I thought she was someone else. May I have a drink please. Jameson, neat.'' Avoiding her eyes as he spoke.

She walked away, looking back, not sure if she wanted to give him anything he could see she was debating. He looked at Sloane, still grinning at him.

''You want her blood, You want her, drink her. You will crave her every time you need to feed, a hunger so deep it will drive you mad. You wont be able to control yourself. Dangerous to be with her, so sad, isnt it. Your desire had made you a monster. She laughed looking at him.

''What did you do to me?

''I took away your self control, what you desire the most, you will consume with madness, your love for her will take you dangerously close to killing her." She smiled. "Its a beautiful thing, love. Isnt it."

"I am going to kill you!" He screamed. He was losing control, getting angry as Andie walked back over.

''Look buddy, that's enough. Get your nasty self out of here, go clean up. You're disgusting.'

Sloane laughed. Patted him on the back, stood up and walked out. Watching him beg Andie to let him stay, to remember him.

"Andie, please, look at me, don't you remember me?"

''Thats it, you are crazy, get out." She said to him.

Enraged, he was up and over the bar, dragging her out to the alley, Overcome with his desire for her and a desire to drink her blood. She screamed at him, begged him to let her go. He held her down on the ground, his hands groping her, undoing her shirt, ripping it, hands all over her naked flesh his mouth dangerously close to her neck he could smell her blood, her tiny heart pushing it into the veins that were pulsing in front of him.

''I love you, I love you, I cant control myself. I have to have you, Andie, I am going crazy." He bit into her, the rush of warm blood, her sweet warm blood, in his mouth, filling him. His hands in a frenzy wrapped around her inside her torn shirt, he ripped her pants and tore them off her, feeling himself swelling as he pushed her legs apart. He was on top of her as she lay on the ground.

''Stop it, she was crying. You are hurting me. Please, you are going kill me.''

''Never, No, I could never hurt you. I love you Andie." He was overcome, crazy, not able to stop himself.

He woke up screaming, looked around and saw he was in his bed, Andie laying beneath him. He had torn her dress, his jeans off and he was between her legs. About to sink himself inside her. She was not moving. Blood dripping down her neck.

''Oh god, Andie, Andie. What did I do?" He tried to wake her, he couldn't. He could hear her heart beat struggling. She was barely alive.

''