Chapter Five - To A Blooming New Friendship

The weekend went pretty well after the sleepover we had at Skylar's house. Sure, things got pretty emotional after the movie and even more smoochy once I blurted out my life story, but after that it felt like I didn't have this heavy weight dragging me down with every breath that I took.

"Earth to Summer!" Ariana yelled from beside me trying to get her attention, forgetting that my ears was about to explode.

"Ariana, I don't want to be on earth," she said crossing her arms, "Let me tell you that you disturbed the meeting I had in my head."

"Did it involve vampires?" Ariana asked smirking.

"Pfft! Vampires are so overrated" Summer said rolling her eyes, "it involved aliens!" she yelled with excitement making my ears zing just another time.

"Huh? Aliens?" Skylar asked looking up.

"Aliens are so boring. I mean for all I care they just eat brains." Rose added shaking her dramatically.

Wait.. Do aliens eat brains?

"First of all," Ariana said pausing dramatically, "Aliens don't eat brains."

"Zombies do!" Summer added,"have you no shame young girl?" she asked, this time pointing a spoon at Rose.

The students that walked pass us just gave us some weird stares. I mean, why wouldn't they?

"It's 5 o clock Sugar beans." Ariana whispered in my eyes.

5 o clock? Wait.. Can it be?

"Idiot, don't make it obvious." Summer added.

Checking the watch on my wrist really made me feel somewhat dizzy. Aah! Ariana and Summer they are just beyond weird. It's not 5 o clock!

"Please talk English to Joe." Rose said giggling.

"Look behind you, but don't make it obvious." Summer said.

Before I could look behind me Ariana turned her head and smiled at me. And that's when I saw it. Holly Sugar Beans! Dylan was staring at Skylar that was sitting behind me. I was blocking his view, wasn't I?

"So Dylan fancies you." I said smirking to Sky.

"Are you blind?" Ariana asked me as if this was a matter of life and death.

"She so is." Summer added.

Did I say something wrong?

"Joesiphene," Skylar said, "it's not me his looking at, it's you."

What? Me? Why me?

"Yeah right." I said shaking my head taking a bite of Ariana's french fries.

I mean why would he notice me now? I mean I've walked pass him everyday for the past week. And it's not like he didn't see me. How come this time is different? His bonkers, thats what he is.

"Okay whatever makes you sleep at night." Summer said grinning.

"So what do you have next?" Sky asked me.

It was Monday, which meant that every class I had involved Max. Whoop whoop! For some reason I was excited, because being with him reminded me of James, but in the same time it made me very much afraid.

"Life Science." I said, remembering that we'd have a baby project. Aah, this is gonna be easy peezy lemon squeezy, I mean how hard is it to look after a doll for two weeks?

"You should be doing the baby project by now ? ." Summer asked looking at me. All I did was just nod as I stole french fries from Ariana.

"I don't get that teacher, it's the second week of school." Rose said being her normal self, which might I add was morbid and moody every now and then.