Chapter Two - New Begginings

The drive to aunt Alice was pretty much tiring, not to mention mom kept on changing the stations which was working on my nerves at some point "Mom, I think this station is okay?" I asked looking in the revew mirror.

"Okay" she said her eyes still on the road.

The drive was perfect with the music until this one specific song came on.

(Flashback)

"Promise me you'll always keep living, even if I'm not there to live life with you?"

"I promise" and even though I knew I couldn't fulfill this promise I was going to try.

He placed my hands on the keyboard gesturing me to sing further

"Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything, take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.

All along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.

One step closer.
One step closer.

I have died everyday, waiting for you.
Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.

And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."

" That was beautiful." he said looking at me," and to clear the sad tension I'm still gonna be here. It won't be long, but it's still time I have left with you and mom." he continued.

"James why did you take me as your prom date?" I asked looking at how ridiculous we both looked. If I hadn't to be his sister, people would think I was his girlfriend.

"Because you my beloved", he paused smiling at me "are one in a million. Sure this is my senior prom. My last to be exact, but I might not get to see you in five years from now. I might not see you have a prom. So I want to have this memory with you." he said smiling.

(end of flashback)

"Earth to Joey! Do not cry. Do not cry." the little voice in my head kept saying and me trying to keep the tears back just failed, and once I gave in it felt like rivers flowed down my cheeks.

You'd think that over the years I've outgrown it. That I made peace with it, truth is I made peace with the fact that my brother is gone and I got to say my goodbye. I just couldn't bare living life without him and everyday just felt like another misery without him by my side.

Sure, there was mom. And having her by my side made dealing with James loss a little easy, but despite the years that passed by. I wasn't ready to stop grieving, even if my mom was.

"Finally we here sweetheart!" Mom said as she drove into Aunt Alice's driveway.

Everything was exactly the same since I've last been here. There was the two swings that James and I would always swing on. There was that old tree that we carved our names in. Everything was exactly the same.

And coming to the realization of it, no matter where I go. There will always be things that will remind me of him.

"Oh my God! You are so big. You've totally grown so much!" aunt Alice yelled as she came running out of her house. Dang it! She hasn't changed. She was always so lovable. Full of life and yet very creepy at times. As creepy as she could be. I missed her. I missed her so much. All I could do was just hug her and bury my face in her neck.