b.a. he scares you

𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨; 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴, 𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘶𝘱𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥, 𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵. 𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦. ❤️

𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘈𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘴 𝘹 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳

"𝐼 𝑔𝓊𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓅𝑒𝑜𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝒶𝒸𝓉 𝒹𝓊𝓂𝒷 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒."

Y/l/n- your last name

~*~

Billy Andrews, or as many call him, Bully Andrews.
His sister, Prissy, is the sweetest girl I know; so how can her brother be the exact opposite?
Billy teases Anne Shirley Cuthbert, another sweet and charming young lady who deserves nothing but the best.
He gets into fist fights with Gilbert Blythe and Cole, which makes me so angry.
Whenever I look over my shoulder at him, I see his eyes quickly dart away from my glance; as if he were already looking at me.
Whenever I would be speaking to any other boy, such as Gilbert, he would come over and be rude.
He never had hit me or anything, but he would never hit a lady.
He always name called me and tested me horribly, despite my begging for him to stop.
You want to know the worst thing of it all?
I have always had the biggest crush on him.
So, the things he says to me hurt me twice as much.

It came to the end of the day at school, so I picked up my books and collected my hat, walking out with Anne and Dianne.
"Y/n, you must ignore Billy's insults. They mean nothing. You are a smart, beautiful, intelligent girl. Don't let him make you believe otherwise." Dianne smiled, I could only fake a smile.
"Yes! She is right. I'm surprised how you can have a crush on such a character." Anne stated.
"Crush is only a delight for the looks of someone, Anne, love is much more. I can't help finding Billy absolutely wonderful in the way he looks." I gushed, watching Anne smile.
"Y/n, you know my passion for romance is a fire I cannot put out, but Billy Andrews? You deserve better."
"I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you, Anne." I smiled.
We came to a three-way cross roads where I would go straight on, Dianne left, and Anne right.
We hugged each other goodbye, and parted ways.
"Parting is such sweet sorrow." I dramatised, reciting Romeo and Juliet.
"Goodnight! Goodnight!" Anne joked, walking out of sight.

As I trailed down the path of autumn leaves and blustery branches, I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps behind me.
My stride increased, as I walked even quicker.
I felt scared as I wondered who it was.
"Don't run from me, y/l/n." I knew whose voice it was as soon as those threatening words were spoken.
Billy.
I turned on my heel to be greeted by his smug smirk, and his cocked eyebrow.
He had a gun hanging from his shoulder, causing me to gulp.
"H-Hello, Billy." I stuttered, forcing a weak smile.
"Y/N." He stated, taking a step toward me.
"Where are you going, y/n?" He asked deeply, beginning to walk around me in a circle.
"Home." I stated quickly.
"And you?" I inquired, determined to not let him win with making him scare me. Even though, I was terrified.
"Why do you care? You never speak to me." He smirked, continuing to encircle me.
"I just wondered." I said.
"Why have you got a gun? Are you planning on hunting?" I asked, not daring to look up at him.
"Shut it." He snarled.
"Why don't you speak to me, y/l/n?"
I thought about it for a second.
"Because I never wanted to bother you, Billy." I stated truthfully, hot tears threatening to fall.
"I'm truly sorry." I sniffed, fiddling with my hands.
He said nothing for around twenty seconds, put continued to pace around me.
Billy was much much taller than me, by a good five or six inches, so he was very much scaring me.
That was his very purpose.
"I'm scaring you, aren't I, princess?" He asked, getting much to close to me.
Our faces were only four or five inches apart as other children continued to pass us, nonchalantly.

"Princess?" I whispered.
"You're calling me a brat, and then a princess?" I asked, my voice breaking as the tears fell.
His lips parted as he watched them trickle down my pink cheeks.
I backed up, but only ended up falling onto my bottom.
But this time, there was no obnoxious chuckle, or a rude statement.
He took the gun off of his shoulder, and that was the moment I panicked.
"Billy, please, don't hurt me." I whimpered, looking up at him with nothing but fear lacing my voice and eyes.
My vision was blurry from the tears as I feared that he would shoot me.
I didn't know he hated me that much.

"Y/n, no." He cooed, throwing the gun to the ground.
"I was putting it on the floor so that I could help you up." He sighed, taking my hand and pulling me up.
"Listen. I- I don't even know what words to use.
I was going hunting. I'm so so so incredibly sorry that I scared you. I never meant to be that mean."

"You always are Billy. You hurt me so badly, so many times!" I sobbed, watching his eyes watch me like a hawk watching it's very prey.
His very expression was something I had never seen on Billy Andrews before; it was concerned and apologetic.

"Hi Gilbert, can I ask a favour?"
"Yeah, sure, y/n. What is it?" He smiled.
"Well, I am really interested in Romeo and Juliet, by Shakespeare. I noticed you are very good at observing things like that, so I was wondering-"
"Y/n y/n y/n," Billy cut in.
"Don't you look even more like a brat today? What water did you wash your face with? Brat 2 0?"
Gilbert have him despised look.
"Get it? Instead of h20, brat 2 0?" Moody stayed beside Billy.
Billy rolled his eyes and walked off.

I was speaking to Cole after class about his beautiful art, and Billy managed to interrupt that.
He pretended to fall over and spill a cup of water all over the portrait Cole drew of me.
"Oops, sorry. Why would you draw y/n? Gross."
He stated, and walked off.

Billy snapped me out of my flashback moment, and spoke again.
"Y/n... pretty much every time I bullied you was when I was... when I was jealous because you were speaking to another boy." He truthfully said.
His voice was laced with regret.
"I was jealous because. I love you. I always have. I know what you are like, personality and all; and I love you. I'm sorry I never showed that. Seeing you with other guys made me so mad, that I was stupid enough to bully you. I am sorry, y/n. Truthfully.
I guess that people act dumb when they are in love."
That does make sense.
Does he really love me back?
" I guess that people act dumb when they are in love." I sighed.
"Love causes silly actions." He sniffed.
I looked up at him, seeing several tears trail down his flushed cheeks.
"I am so sorry." He breathed, his voice barely audible.
I said nothing, but kissed his lips that I had wanted to for so long.
They were pink and plump; it was everything I wished it to be.
"I love you." He breathed.
"I love you too, Billy."