six

A Patronus arrived in Niya's room

A Patronus arrived in Niya's room. She was reading a book she found in Theseus's old room. He hadn't lived with her and Ariel for over ten years now, but they never touched his room - except for the occasional spring cleaning.

She had read his books multiple times now, but she always read them again. It reminded her of him. It wasn't right to love a soon-to-be-married man. She knew that, but it didn't stop her from doing so. There was no one to act as her rebound for Theseus. She rarely left the Scamander property. She ran many errands for Ariel Scamander, but she had never encountered anyone worth remembering.

Her crush on Theseus started ever since she was welcomed into the Scamander household when she was seven. He was thirteen years old than her, making him 20-years-old. Newt was only twelve. It was odd that Niya harbored a crush on Theseus, even though he was rarely home and more than twice her age. Newt was away at Hogwarts, but he was still closer to her age.

Theseus would come back from Auror training every day and greet Niya and his mother. He still lived with them until he finished Auror training at the age of twenty-two. By that time, he bought his own flat. He read Niya stories, cooked food for her, took her shopping - he treated her like a princess and she loved every second of it. When she was younger, she milked it as long as she could. She always threw tantrums and gave him attitude when he had to go away. He would visit on holidays or on certain occasions with gifts for her. She would forgive him instantly.

But when Theseus turned twenty-five, the First World War had begun, taking Theseus away from his family for four years. When he returned, Niya was 16-years-old.

That was the first time he saw her as a woman. He knew it was wrong to think of her as more than his friend.

"Miss Niya, please come to the Père Lachaise Cemetery. Paris is in danger and soon, the whole world will be. This is Nicholas Flamel. Earlier this evening, Newton Scamander confided in me for help. Now, I confide in you for help."