Authors Note

I hate this. I absolutely hate doing this. I will finish this story. But, I really hate to say this, but this may be my last Outsiders FanFic if not my last fanfic in general.

I love you guys. The ones of you who have been so supportive and kind through all of this mean the world to me. But I've changed a lot as a person. And my heart isn't in this anymore, at least not right now. I may come back with something different. Maybe about the outsiders, but probably not.

These boys mean the world to me and SE Hinton truly did change my life, but I'm not a kid anymore and I'm not where I was when I needed this boys to breath. The Outsiders was one of the few things that pulled me out of hell and I will never forget that. I can't wait for the day that I hand my child a copy or when I teach my class about the very book that made me fall in love with literature.

But my love isn't the same anymore. It's just as deep and infinite but it has shifted to an admiration more than an obsession. I wrote a lot of books and poetry and I know that fanfic started my writing career but I'm blooming somewhere else.

Once again, this doesn't mean I won't come back to this. I may write fanfic about something else when I need a break from reality, but right now I need my reality. I need my own characters and I need a life that doesn't involve these boys, as extraordinary as they are, I'm letting them go for now.

I will finish this story. One last fan fiction about the Dallas Winston. Because I do adore him so very much and my fan fiction career started with a Dally love story so it seems right.

I'm sorry to those of you that wanted more. Maybe one day life will bring me back to these boys, but maybe it won't.

I'm sorry.

God bless you all and do good things.

-Lydia Hale