Chapter 21-Raving

Start from the beginning

"I-,"

"What's he doing here?" Scott asked. 

Laken turned her head to find Derek walking into the clinic, Isaac behind him. 

"I need him." Derek answered his question, looking over at Laken. 

"I don't trust him." Scott told him. 

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac mumbled, talking in third person. 

"And you know what, Derek really doesn't care." 

"And Laken just wants all of you to shut the fuck up and get this over with so she can go back home and cry into a tube of cotton candy ice cream over a guy that question's her love for him." Laken spat, glaring at all three guys.  

Derek's face softened at her voice, but he kept his mouth shut and looked over at Scott, "Where's the vet? He gonna help us or not?" 

"That depends." Deaton stood leaning against the doorway. "Your friend Jackson, are we planning to kill him, or save him?" 

"Kill him." 

"Save him." Laken and Scott spoke in sync. 

"We're fucking saving him, Derek Seth." Laken glared at him. 

"Save him." Scott pulled Laken away from Derek before she reached out to punch him.

Deaton placed a tray of small jars on the examination table across from Scott, Derek, Isaac and Laken who had her arms crossed over her chest and a glare on her face. 

Isaac reached out to touch one of the jars, but at the the same time Derek reached out to grab his hand and Laken unfolded her arms to slap the back of his head. 

"Watch what you touch." 

"What the hell is wrong with you? Don't touch that, dumbass." 

"So." Isaac looked at Deaton with a smirk as he leaned against the table, "What are you? Some kind of witch?" 

"No, I'm a veterinarian." Deaton answered him, "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin." 

"We're open to suggestions." 

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac asked. 

"We already tried." Derek told him. "I nearly took it's head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. It just gets back up." 

"Has is shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked. 

"It can't swim." 

"Does that go for Jackson as well?" Deaton's head turned to Laken. 

"No." Scott answered. 

"Jax is captain of the swim team." Laken crossed her arms once more.

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." He grabbed a coin, holding it so the four supernatural creatures could see it, "A puppet, and a puppeteer."